Trouble with a buyer

Hi, 

I have a buyer who has bought an item from me and paid for it but is now messaging me saying that they have purchased more items from me and need me to confirm. 

I have only sold her one item and I cannot tell her otherwise.  I have sent her screen shots from my app showing her the item she purchased and how much she paid me but she is still convinced that I have sold her more items!! I don't know how to resolve this!!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Trouble with a buyer

It stands to reason the Fb would highlight - not all items were received - and even if worded as to ' items ' - there was only one sold - so it would be item.

Great chance of removal.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

It stands to reason the Fb would highlight - not all items were received - and even if worded as to ' items ' - there was only one sold - so it would be item.

Great chance of removal.

You are making assumptions about the thinking of a buyer.   I guess I live in the real world.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

And you ' know ' the thinking of a buyer. LOL

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Hi, I had a similar thing happen. The problem ended up being items in their cart, which they thought they had ordered. I asked it they were in their cart, and explained that that is just like another watch list and sellers do not get to see the cart, and items in the cart are not actually bought. Problem solved! I really think the cart thing is a bit useless on ebay.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@justcruising49 wrote:

I really think the cart thing is a bit useless on ebay.

Why,?  possibly if they are buying a single item,  but when they purchase multiple items, its a definite advantage.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Seemingly not - if filled with items from various sellers.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Maybe ask the buyer what items she ยซ thinks ยป she has bought and if you donโ€™t sell those items you can point that out to her.

sou ds like she has them in her cart as others have suggested.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

For a person like this, you need to come over as quite definite and organised. Polite still, but sure of yourself. You need to project that confidence to the buyer, don't be wishy washy as in 'I can't see any other purchases from you' or 'I don't know what else you could have bought'.

Be definite. 

"You have only ever purchased one item from me. It is XYZ, which you bought on x/x/2024."

Then go on to outline how they may have placed items in their cart without a purchase actually going through so they need to check that as you can't see unpurchased items in people's carts.

Tell them to check their purchase history as the other option is they may have bought some items from another seller but if so, it will show there.

I think it is extremely important you answer the query, to head off trouble if you can. I know you already have, but keep replying to any fresh messages so she knows you are still engaged.

Plus I also worried about possible feedback. A lot would depend on the wording of any neg as to whether it could be removed or not.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply