Unfair Negative Feedback - Sellers Beware

Hi Everyone

I sold an item to a buyer who is claiming the item was received damaged and parts were missing.

The buyer would not provide photo evidence but did state what parts were missing.

I explained that she would need to return the item as we did not keep spare parts (courier would pick up)

she asked for cash compensation instead. I explained we did not do this and that she would need to return the item]

for a refund or exchange.

So now i have received Negative Feedback - This is all wrong, how can she not provide photo evidence that

the item was faulty, refuse to return, ask for cash and when I refused to give cash she can leave Negative Feedback!

and how many sellers has she done this to, the item was most likely in perfect condition and this is a scam

I cant even leave her a Negative, so frustrating!!

Sorry i just wanted to have a whinge because theres nothing i can do about this

Thanks for reading - Sellers Beware!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Unfair Negative Feedback - Sellers Beware

HI, very sympathetic as you have gone out of your way.  But perhaps in asking for monetary compensation, she is looking for a discount, perhaps you could approach her on this basis, whether 10% or whatever.  Say you may be prepared to offer a discount provided she supplies photo evidence.  good luck cheers

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

We have also had a very similar experience from two separate buyers from Laverton Vic.  We found out through investigation that they are related to each other.  Did your buyer live in Laverton?  Go to customer support - contact Ebay - Selling - Report a Member. Tell them what has happened to you as they will take appropriate action if the buyer takes it further.  

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

The one way feedback system is insulting.  why bother having feedback for a buyer if all you can do is indicate positives?

have a look at my feedback score for the numpty that stole my coins and then gets a refund then gives me a neg.

See how only one idiot can affect your feedback score? I was 4.9 for everything until that scammer

what a joke

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Maybe you should have sent registered like the buyer paid for then. Then you would have had Paypal seller protection. And at least still have the money. Probably still have the negatives, but the impact of those is more in your followups than the original comments.

Most buyers don't seem to look at negative feedback anyway. If the number of buyers complaining about shonky sellers withy LOTS of negatives is anything to go by.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply