Untracked international orders having payments put on hold

I ship low value trading cards internationally via untracked letter post. I have been doing this for 5 years now. With the changes to tracking and funds being put on hold, I made sure to update all my listings that ship internationally to have the "International Economy - Untracked" shipping option, which I was told, much like the Domestic Letter Untracked option, would not have my funds put on hold.

An international order I got today has it's funds on hold however, and it states that it will not be released until a tracking number is uploaded or until the max estimated shipping date is reached (almost 2 months from now). I contacted Ebay and was told by the Rep that this is normal for international orders, even if the "untracked" option is selected, and that there was nothing he could do to release the funds early unless  I contacted the buyer to verify they received the order, which I am not going to do for every single international order I get.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any hope for sellers who whip low value items (under $20) internationally and don't want to charge the value of the order for tracking? Or do I just have to stop selling internationally after doing so successfully for 5 years?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Untracked international orders having payments put on hold

Are you stating your services are untracked? Do you have HIGH item not received requests? Any Defects?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Nope, rep specifically said that nothing about my account was the problem.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I donโ€™t use untracked letter rate International postage very much โ€“ maybe a couple of times a month for low value post cards to UK and USA. I choose Standard International Flat Rate Postage and enter my own costing โ€“ I have never had payments put on hold, I posted one today as a matter of fact. Obviously there is no tracking number.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi there, I recently ran into the same issue but noticed that funds are actually released 1-2 days after you mark it as "sent".

You can also email eBayAustraliaShipping@ebay.com about this. Apparently some of the services haven't been identified as untracked in regards to tracking payment holds and they are fixing it. They were able to add my store to an exclusion list until it's all fixed. Just a heads up that it takes a while for them to reply. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

In the past couple of days I have experienced the same problem. I had been using Standard International Flat rate Postage for 10 years with no problem. But as of 23rd March this was designated a tracked service. I have spent a couple of hours with reps who provided no solution. I have now shifted all my International postage options to Australia Post International Economy Air. Yet still the holds persist.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Here-s-why-it-s-important-to-select-the-correct-...

Yet another glitch of things not working....

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply