Voided postage not refunded

In early December 2020 I created a postage label for $20.68, realised I had mucked it up, voided it & created another label for $17.75 & posted the item. When I voided the first label I was told it would be refunded within 2 weeks.. It has never been refunded. I have contacted eBay help on numerous occassions & have chat transcripts saying they will attend to it but they never do. I took the label into my local post office & they cannot do it, it has to be eBay.

I just feel helpless & have wasted so much time trying to get my $20.68 back. What else can I do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Voided postage not refunded

Are you sure it wasn't refunded?

I'm not sure if ebay still refund it towards your fees meaning your fees will be credited the amount owing which is $20.68?

So if your next monthly fees for the Dec period were $50 then the $20.68 would be credited and your fees would have only been $29.32

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The refund, which would be made as a credit on your ebay account, would never have been processed within 2 weeks, as it is dependant on ebay receiving confirmation from AP that the label has not been used, a process that normally takes 25 days +.

Was the correct process of cancelling the label, within 5 days of generation, completed correctly.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Postage refunds generally take up to 25 days to appear in your account. Why this long is a mystery, particularly if another postage label is generated. eBay only need to look at your account to see it.  However on the times I have requested refunds eBay state it's because they have to contact Aust Post to make sure the label hasn't been used. BS, I contacted Aust post who said they have nothing to do whatsoever with eBay postage labels.

just keep contacting them via chat (as this is the only Option) and on that you would think that since they have removed phone and email help contact Chat would be available 24/7 but no it's open even less 😡

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@designers*n*more wrote:

Postage refunds generally take up to 25 days to appear in your account. Why this long is a mystery, particularly if another postage label is generated. eBay only need to look at your account to see it.  However on the times I have requested refunds eBay state it's because they have to contact Aust Post to make sure the label hasn't been used. BS, I contacted Aust post who said they have nothing to do whatsoever with eBay postage labels.

just keep contacting them via chat (as this is the only Option) and on that you would think that since they have removed phone and email help contact Chat would be available 24/7 but no it's open even less 😡

No, the same as ebay does not sell anything, they also do not operate any postage or courier service.  The labels they provide are Australia Post labels,  and are simply processed via ebay, who have bulk contract prices,  you pay ebay and ebay then pays AP. 

Ebay has no way of knowing if a label has been used or not, unless verified b y AP 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. It was correctly voided/cancelled & I have checked my ebay invoices thoroughly & there has never been a refund or credit. 

The 2 postage purchases for the one item are clear on my December invoice.

When I voided the first one I received the following;

You submitted a request to void a delivery label for the item below. Australia Post is processing your request now.

'If Australia Post approves your request, the postage value, including the cost of insurance purchased with the label, will appear as a refund on your monthly invoice in about 21 days.'

When I communicated with eBay help, they could see that it had not been refunded & said they would investigate. It's almost feels like if they keep doing nothing, I will eventually give up. So frustrating 😞  

Thanks again for your replies.

Brulin's Farm.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

In the early days of covid, it was taking a minimum 25 days, and that timeframe was expected to increase.

Dont know what the current timeframe is, but it is still dependant on AP  confirming the label has not been used.

All the best with it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I’m in the same boat now and it’s been 6 weeks. The eBay chat (4 different ones) have been completely useless, either telling me to be patient, or telling me I have to contact Australia post myself. Australia post tells me it’s nothing to do with them, contact eBay. It’s actually fraudulent if you ask me, stating if you void a postage label in 5 days you’ll be refunded. It really shouldn’t be hard. EBay - no responsibility, huge fees. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

josch497
Community Member

I requested a postage label void for more than 30 days now and it stil says it is currently Australia post is processing. How long does a successfully requested postage void take.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply