Warning to Sellers about using Unfranked Stamps

Hi all just thought I would pass this information on. Few weeks ago I received a large letter with $5.00 Stamps on it all were un-franked. Like me I soaked them in water to use later. I used one couple weeks only to receive a Bill from Australia Post. I phoned AP asking why the bill only to be told The stamp was already Franked by some new means and is visible by Ultra Violet Light. Apparently when in the sorting office the machine that sorts them also scans the stamps to make sure there is enough postage and picks up any other errors. I Paid my fine (Bill) and moved on. Never Again Dont Try it $9.80 for $1.00 Not Worth It.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Warning to Sellers about using Unfranked Stamps

We both work with the public on a pretty large scale, so it makes sense we have rock solid immune systems. We would have repeated small exposures to so many things that gives out immune system a chance to build up. I also have a cast iron gut. I don't get tummy bugs, even when they are rampant. Last one I had would be 30 years this month. Although, as far as my boss is concerned, I get 2 or 3 tummy bugs a year ๐Ÿ˜„ Mr Tippy gets the occasional one but not for many years. I never caught one from him. I think he has adopted some of my immune system.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

I have had IBS for the last 30 years so everything gives me the **bleep**s.

I will not eat or drink anything past used by date and I won't eat any left overs the next day either,my gut just won't handle it. Woman Sad

Way way off topic I'm sorry.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Still off topic - Corned beef - reply for Kopenhagen - I don't really do anything special with the meat. I add a tbsp of brown sugar per kilo of meat, a couple of tablespoons vinegar, an onion with a few cloves studded into it & pop it on the stove top in water to just cover. Bring to boil then simmer on low for 60 mins per kilo of meat weight. You could still do this in a large sized slow cooker for a longer time. 

My own slow cooker dates from 1970, still going strong, but will not hold a good sized joint of meat

I serve with mashed potato, steamed carrots (done over the beef in a steamer while the simmering is ending). the boiled onion sliced up (cloves removed), & my own recipe for sliced cabbage saute.

To your finely sliced cabbage (about 1/4 to 1/2 a cabbage- depending on meat size & persons eating) add a couple of chopped up bacon rashers (the scraggy fatty ends are fine) Using them means you won't need extra oil or fat. Saute lightly & when partly done add whatever tomato based product leftovers you have.

This can be a few squirts of ordinary tomato sauce; a tablespoon of tomato paste, about 1/4 cup tomato passata or tomato based pasta sauce. I've even used some halved cherry tomatoes that were looking a little sad. Don't let the cabbage get soggy is the only requirement for this recipe. Even cabbage haters seem to like it!

If using ordinary commercial bottled tomato sauce add a squirt of Worcestershire sauce to cut the sweetness when you add in the sauce. Cheers! Karon

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Mustard sauce!    Ya forgot the mustard sauce.

White sauce with some hot mustard mixed in

Re-using stamps is norti and offenders should be fined.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Hi Ima! I'm the only one in my family who likes mustard sauce! Hence no mustard sauce that I'd prefer. I once tried white sauce with mild mustard & chopped parsley - only to get canned yet again! (What's this green stuff?) That's why I go with the cabbage/bacon tomato combo - no complaints! That makes a bit of a sauce.

I've a cheese hater, a vegie hater & a lactose intolerant (all adults) 2 are qualified chefs, but still I'm the main cook! 

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply