Weird eBay Decision

Recently sold 2 lots of giftwrap to a buyer. Sent large letter untracked. Buyer claimed I onjly sent one. Well i'm not perfect and the buyer seemed pretty straight so I sent another one. Buyer claimed that one not received either opened a case which ebay then awards in my favour despite no tracking. Whilst I now think the buyer is a bit suss how can I win this case with no tracking?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Weird eBay Decision

ermm if ebay have decided in your favour then haven't you already won the case ?

I thought without tracking you would lose the case. Are their any feedback comments left from the buyer to other sellers regarding refunds etc that might show that they are a serial scammer.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

Harley no which is why it is totally weird. In their initial communications the buyer strikes me as reasonable and I'm pretty seasoned in these things then to claim second one not received is pretty suss. But as I said no tracking ( although Aus post lose very little I find) so for eBay to award this to me makes a mockery of their stupid system! Perhaps eBay think I'm so wonderful and want me to re list the 250+ listings I have removed in the last six months due to their system being antequated, diminishing site traffic and favoring big box retailers???!!!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

If you have won the case, perhaps ebay saw in account or messages the buyer trying it on with others.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

We had something like this happen a couple of years back where a buyer claimed that we were short on an order.

We knew we were being scammed since we were 100% certain we had not made a mistake in packing the order.

But to avoid the NEG we sent out a replacement for the claimed shortfall as we had no tracking and figured we would lose any case against us.

Then about 10-days later we get a message from the same buyer claiming another shortfall in an order. Trouble was she had not bought anything else from us and the claim was for an item we don't sell. Dumbo had sent the message to the wrong seller.

We made a mistake, in hindsight, by messaging her back and pointing out the fact that it looked like she was trying to scam another seller for the same kinda thing. She had sent the message to the wrong seller.

She then left us a NEG for our troubles.

So I called ebay about it and they looked into her messages and history. They removed the NEG so they must have found stuff in her history. But they did not go so far as to close her account despite me asking them to do that.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

that reminds me of the famous judge-judy episode that lasted a few seconds.   the judge asks what was in your purse that was stolen .

she said something like $50  cash , a pen, lipstick, earings, credit-card, compact-mirror,   and the  the bloke acused of stealing said[there was no mirror]    judge -judy  could not stop cracking up. mmmmm  

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

It amazes me clarry how you have such a good memory,I can't remember what happened last week let alone 2 years ago haha.

Wish I had your insight,well done cheers

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

i cant remember getting up this morning

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

The good ones sort of blur into each other after a while, but scammers & outrageously unreasonable buyers stay in your memory forever.Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Weird eBay Decision

By wahy of an update here's what's happened.

It was the buyer that closed the case even though the message from eBay reads that it was eBay that closed it. She has now opened an item not received case in order to try and scam half the purchase price back when in fact she has received three giftwraps and not 1!  It's amazing the lengths people will go to for $10!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply