Weird eBay Decision

Recently sold 2 lots of giftwrap to a buyer. Sent large letter untracked. Buyer claimed I onjly sent one. Well i'm not perfect and the buyer seemed pretty straight so I sent another one. Buyer claimed that one not received either opened a case which ebay then awards in my favour despite no tracking. Whilst I now think the buyer is a bit suss how can I win this case with no tracking?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Weird eBay Decision

@character_parties_aus wrote:

By wahy of an update here's what's happened.

It was the buyer that closed the case even though the message from eBay reads that it was eBay that closed it. She has now opened an item not received case in order to try and scam half the purchase price back when in fact she has received three giftwraps and not 1!  It's amazing the lengths people will go to for $10!

You've only got to read the negative feedback of some sellers where the feedback is a big rant about how they were ripped off and the seller is a scammer, disputes opened, poor quality item, blah blah blah, over a 20c item with free postage.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I had some dude this week who spent about 60 bucks who send me an email stating " all your items were of poor quality" (which they are not I know they are not as otherwise I would get complaints I get very very few). I then asked him for specifics. Strangely enough I havent heard back. I get close to zero complaints and scammers on my website and whilst I dont get a lot on eBay, eBay is a very small part of my business and nearly all the problems scammers and chargebacks etc. Which kind of proves my point, eBay is a much more dangerous place for sellers to sell than other avenues despite its ( apparently) higher traffic. I would also guess its a much more dangerous place for buyers to buy as well.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Like Joe I can't remember getting up this morning.... LOL

But when  a buyer gives us a hard time (which is not too often by the way) then I remember those details.

In the many thousands of transactions we have had we've not had too many go wrong.

The vast majority of buyers are fab to deal with but the occasional rotten egg spoils it for us all.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@character_parties_aus wrote:

I get close to zero complaints and scammers on my website and whilst I dont get a lot on eBay, eBay is a very small part of my business and nearly all the problems scammers and chargebacks etc. Which kind of proves my point, eBay is a much more dangerous place for sellers to sell than other avenues despite its ( apparently) higher traffic. I would also guess its a much more dangerous place for buyers to buy as well.

We also trade on our own website and on Etsy. Both of those are young 'uns compared to ebay so around the other way from you.

We have had one complaint from an Etsy buyer but that was our fault and quickly remedied by us. They were happy and have since come back.

So far we have had none from our website. Touch wood!

But by and large, as I said, the vast majority of our buyers are great to deal with.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply