What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

I have beeen trying to sort an issue with ebay out for a while now. In a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with.

Is there an ombudsman that can help with this issue? I am based in Australia.

Message 1 of 146
Latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

Re: What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

You sold 2 items, the fees are for those. It's not free to sell on eBay you know. 

Going to the ACCC will make them laugh at you, because you paid for the services provided to you.

EBay won't care if you leave. You are not even a grain of sand on a beach to them. 

Message 121 of 146
Latest reply

rubbish thats an insult most neg feedback is removed due to buyers breaching terms

my account is top seller 

and its clear what im commentin on 

Message 122 of 146
Latest reply

and thats many!!
Message 123 of 146
Latest reply

66cpc
Community Member
I have had an identical experience only with the buyer claiming the material was not as described - this was an outright false claim that I attempted to prove and sill the buyer got a refund - I am intending on taking legal action
Message 124 of 146
Latest reply

@fazm45 wrote:
I am a small time seller. I have bought many things from Ebay, including some face masks recently, which never showed up. I paid extra for Express Post because of slow mail currently with covid issues in Victoria. Item still didn't arrive and I asked them 3 or 4 times for tracking number which I never received. I opened a case and luckily Ebay refunded me, but these clowns are still operating even though they have 98% positive feedback. To top it off, they are a Top Rated Seller according to Ebays standards. When you look at their feedback everyone says the same thing that they never received their items.
The other things is there fees, I just paid $45 for nothing! I hardly sell anything and I'm not a store. So I am ditching them and will never buy or sell anything with them again. If I need to sell anything I will consider Facebook or Insta. I don't know how they get away with this, especially when you cannot contact them. I will contact ACCC about it and then, so long Ebay, you're dumped.
No wonder they keep advertising on TV now, because they've lost so many people. I hope they lose more.

Aaaaand almost 2 months later, this member still has an active listing. I always love the idle threats of leaving.

@66cpc wrote:
I have had an identical experience only with the buyer claiming the material was not as described - this was an outright false claim that I attempted to prove and sill the buyer got a refund - I am intending on taking legal action

Please come back and let us know how that goes. Lots of others have made the same threats, but they never come back to let us know the outcome.

Message 125 of 146
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@fazm45 wrote:
I am a small time seller. I have bought many things from Ebay, including some face masks recently, which never showed up. I paid extra for Express Post because of slow mail currently with covid issues in Victoria. Item still didn't arrive and I asked them 3 or 4 times for tracking number which I never received. I opened a case and luckily Ebay refunded me, but these clowns are still operating even though they have 98% positive feedback. To top it off, they are a Top Rated Seller according to Ebays standards. When you look at their feedback everyone says the same thing that they never received their items.
The other things is there fees, I just paid $45 for nothing! I hardly sell anything and I'm not a store. So I am ditching them and will never buy or sell anything with them again. If I need to sell anything I will consider Facebook or Insta. I don't know how they get away with this, especially when you cannot contact them. I will contact ACCC about it and then, so long Ebay, you're dumped.
No wonder they keep advertising on TV now, because they've lost so many people. I hope they lose more.

Aaaaand almost 2 months later, this member still has an active listing. I always love the idle threats of leaving.

They're gunna love the fees on that Chanel clutch - if it sells, that is.

Message 126 of 146
Latest reply

I thought that too.

Message 127 of 146
Latest reply

begoo_8
Community Member
Iam putting a complete about your people that they said never received the money out my account last month in October which they did I am going to have too see my bank today
Message 128 of 146
Latest reply

begoo_8
Community Member
Which they have done
Message 129 of 146
Latest reply

@begoo_8 wrote:

Iam putting a complete about your people that they said never received the money out my account last month in October which they did I am going to have too see my bank today

Are you talking as a buyer or a seller ? You don't have any completed listings, if you have paid a seller for an item by bank deposit then you have probably lost your money - there is NO buyer protection for bank deposits.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 130 of 146
Latest reply