What do you love bout selling on eBay ?

Discuss ....

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: What do you love bout selling on eBay ?

I recently migrated from my website to sell on here and my sales have gone up 1000%!
I love that I can share my passion for pretty things with others.

I love the cha-ching!

I love that I can spend time with my kids while running my own business.

I love that I am my own boss!

I love doing the admin work (I know, I'm weird!)
I love packaging orders for my customers and going that extra mile.
I love getting lovely feedback.

I love seeing my Paypal account grow.
I love the fact that ebay does all the hard work of finding the buyers and advertising my products, which was something that I put way too much effort and money into when I had my own website and didn't get much back.
Ebay has saved my business, I was about ready to close down - because having 2 sales every 6 months isn't really motivation to keep going - but I jumped on here, listed a few of my items and within 24 hours I had made 3 sales. A few months later I am now making on average 3-6 sales a day and I have enough coming in that I can see myself actually making a profit over this financial year!
I Heart ebay!

Message 41 of 70
Latest reply

I love all the great things people have said. All the happy things and not the carpy stuff we usually read on here.

Ebay can be heaps of fun and the extra $$$ are very handy. I feel warm and fuzzy. I feel relaxed and happy.

Thank you cats for providing this avenue for us to remember all the good things about selling on eBay.

Message 42 of 70
Latest reply

I love working in my home.

I love being the boss of me.  

Message 43 of 70
Latest reply

I love getting a 0 feedback buyer, who registered the day before bidding, who has been through phone verification and pays as soon as they win the item! Some people have an issue selling to low feedback buyers, especially those with 0 FB, but we all had to start with 0, so I'm willing to give them a chance. 

Even if they don't leave me feedback, I'll still leave some for them to kick start them.

Message 44 of 70
Latest reply

Oh, I forgot . I love how the seeds from the tree in item 321528924746 was my first sale ever on eBay and when I eventually sold the trees how many happy people there were thanking me as they had been after one for like everrrrr .
Also the story about the tree itself has been a runaway success over the years
Message 45 of 70
Latest reply

I love the cha-ching noise too, isn't it great but most of all I love being abused by people about my listings and then being reported to eBay for my replies. I love my listings being reported to eBay and then having them deleted because the people that abuse me feel that have to get at me somehow. I love having to answer questions that if the description was read wouldn't have been asked. I love eBay harassing me about my listings not having enough pictures when one is enough, makes me actually laugh. Not do that silly lol thing. If people that lol actually laughed they would be too busy to do anything else. I love Australia post losing tracked items and then taking eight months and emails to the ombudsman to refund me because without all these things I wouldn't have stuff to do due to heart issues costing me my job, it's good to have things that keep the blood moving
Message 46 of 70
Latest reply

Surprisingly to see there are people who love eBay for reasons other than the profit..

Selling online is just repeating the same thing over and over again. I have sold 12000+ items on ebay I have to say it's so boring...

The only reason I stay is I have to fund my university studies (I am 30+ years old starting a new career).

You don't get out much, most of time it's just one person operating. 

you don't get long holidays because you have to respond to buyers and look after the items. you can't just leave the active items for 2 weeks.

Once I finish my degree I will close the business no matter how much money it generates. 

Message 47 of 70
Latest reply

@gizmoclearance wrote:

The only reason I stay is I have to fund my university studies (I am 30+ years old starting a new career).

Would you like to go for coffee or something stronger - I don't get out much either.

Message 48 of 70
Latest reply

Even though I am just a small time seller - I don't buy anything to then sell, it's just stuff around the house - I find that ebay is very time-consuming. I don't know how people who post 20-30-40 items a day actually cope, but I guess they must have help.

Message 49 of 70
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@gizmoclearance wrote:

Would you like to go for coffee or something stronger - I don't get out much either.

Perhaps I should clarify this:

OH is now 4 weeks down the track (so to speak) from a total knee replacement.

Home from hospital he was very charming with the 'please' & 'thank you's' flying for all that was done for him.

Presently have asked him if the one 'please' or 'thank you' now lasts a whole day.

Wondered how long it would take for him to begin 'barking' at me again - but - didn't expect the poke in the ribs from the 'walking cane'.

It will end up with an unusual bend in it.

Message 50 of 70
Latest reply