What happens if a buyer wants a refund but I don't have the money?

ra7250
Community Member
Will my Paypal go negative? Lol
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

EBay must have removed the listing because it's no longer showing and it's not in completed. Here I was thinking the OP was trying to redeem himself and do the right thing. Seems I was wrong. EBay have removed quite a few listings. Only a couple more and his account will be suspended (permanently) for repeated policy violations. Then see what happens if he tries to create a new one! I know it's already been said, but any other accounts he may have will also be suspended, including those of family members.

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

Dad won't be happy

Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

The tin of invisible paint might come in handy then Stalks.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

Ricky, your newest listing for the cards, are they being drop shipped from the US too? You have them listed as being in Los Angeles.

Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

tippy, considering that ricky has had trouble navigating his way around eBay.au rules, policies and procedures, I am left wondering if he has read up on ebay.com (USA) rules, policies and procedures?  Sellers have to abide by the rules of the eBay site they list on, and eBay.com has some policies that are significantly different to eBay.au policies.

ricky will need to find out which ones will affect him, especially those related to USA eBay MBG, dropshipping and refunds, as I am done with trying to help him.  I do not appreciate the way he has conducted himself in recent days.  He has disrespected those that have tried to help him and has made no apology for his unacceptable behaviours.

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

Quite honestly OP reminds me of a few other dubious sellers from awhile back.  I cant help but wonder if he is trying to have a lend of the posters who were genuinely trying to assist a newbie.  Shame on you OP

Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

You need to have the money. You need a safety net account-a mojo account if you prefer-where a certain balance sits and you don't touch it. There for emergencies.

My advice would be if you make a big sale, don't touch the money for a while till you are satisfied the item has arrived and all is well.

Now I know you're thinking-if you drop ship etc you'll need the money to pay for the item.

This is where the hard yakka comes in. If you haven't got a mojo account, you need to build one up before you start selling big items on ebay.

How? You sound young. Why not go on Gumtree or airtasker. On gumtree, go into jobs, then advertise yourself. I bet you can cut lawns or clean or weed. or you might have technical skills. You will be rushed off your feet with people asking for quotes.

It's cash in hand, RA.

Bank it, build up a mojo account. It might take a couple of months. But then you'll have peace of mind & no one after you in unexpected emergencies.

I know you want to be wealthy asap if not sooner, but get a little bit of cash behind you. $1500 isn't much to save.

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Quite honestly OP reminds me of a few other dubious sellers from awhile back.  I cant help but wonder if he is trying to have a lend of the posters who were genuinely trying to assist a newbie.  Shame on you OP

It can usually be determined what the original post is all about.

This one keeps beginning a new one, doesn't that ring bells.

Have figured out the ID, add the numbers, think this is age, yes school is out for a while.

Surprised there are any answers, should just fade into the ether as the rubbish it is.

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

I guess Ricky needs to ask himself, what if the item being sent from the US is not as described? Like what if it gets damaged in transit? What if the seller accidentally sends the wrong one, or heaven forbid, it doesn't arrive?

This seems a ridiculously difficult way to end up with 20 or 30 bucks at the end of it. Too much can go wrong. 

I'm also not sure he's really that interested in refunding buyers anyway. I still think he's trying to rip them off. That is evident by the box listing that keeps popping up.

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

I can't believe anyone bid on that one. I would have been suspicious of no pictures of anything other than boxes, especially when he said they had slight smudging. And the fact to buy them new would set you back $1,100 (yes, if they had original contents rather other than the air he was selling).
Message 20 of 44
Latest reply