What happens if a buyer wants a refund but I don't have the money?

ra7250
Community Member
Will my Paypal go negative? Lol
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Agree. This is young person, gets an idea and without knowledge of reality thinks it will work.

Too focused on wishful thinking.

Better to get real quickly, then focus on something that WILL work. Smiley Wink

anyone who lists empty boxes on eBay and uses what they think are clever listing tactics to try to hide the fact that they are empty boxes and will be immune from any punitive action because low down in the description they put "Boxes only" is bound to fail, bigtime.  In this case, some of the mistakes (in no particular order)

mistake - not putting the words "Box only" in the title

mistake - listing in the wrong category i.e. "consoles" rather than "accessories"

mistake - quoting RRPs of actual items and representing these as the RRP of the box

mistake - coming to the boards seeking validation that you are doing nothing wrong

mistake - changing strategy and listing items you do not have with the intention of buying them for less after buyer pays you for item

mistake - asking forum members how to "refund proof" your questionable listings

mistake - thinking that buying from overseas because items are cheaper overseas is a good idea

mistake - continuing to draw attention to your listing activities through goading forum posters

mistake - getting out of bed in the morning

If I had to put these in an order the last one would be at the top, shoulda stayed in bed! Smiley LOL

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply

That's the trouble with kids today. All rights, no responsibility. They are raised with no consequences,  it's always someone else's fault. They are taught they are immune to everything,  including the law. There are no morals. There is no respect. There is only "my precious baby can do whatever he likes".

Blame modern parenting.

Message 32 of 44
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

That's the trouble with kids today. All rights, no responsibility. They are raised with no consequences,  it's always someone else's fault. They are taught they are immune to everything,  including the law. There are no morals. There is no respect. There is only "my precious baby can do whatever he likes".

Blame modern parenting.

Until they find out that in order to hold a job they have to do the job, within the timeframes and to the standards the curmudgeon baby boomer boss stipulates

Message 33 of 44
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Blame modern parenting.

Dishonest people, those that seek to mislead others and those with a sense of entitlement are apparent in all age groups. 

Lol "there is no respect"   The lack of respect that is shown by many older posters on these boards to others certainly does not provide good role modelling for "kids today.." 

Message 34 of 44
Latest reply

i totally agree. You are a perfect example. A member of the boards who has never posted an answer to an OP, but is happy to have a go at other board members.

Message 35 of 44
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

i totally agree. You are a perfect example. A member of the boards who has never posted an answer to an OP, but is happy to have a go at other board members.

I have posted more answers to OPs than you davewil.

Far more.

Message 36 of 44
Latest reply

But how many were answers to the questions posed?

Very few.

Message 37 of 44
Latest reply

oh dear, ricky shoulda stayed in bed

oh dear.JPG

Message 38 of 44
Latest reply

To the Judge and the Jury I rest my case Woman Tongue

Message 39 of 44
Latest reply

The little boxes were sad smilies. Not a good start to the Ricky Empire! Shame that buyer didn't elaborate more with their feedback. Now we'll never know if the item was just rubbish, or if it wasn't sent.

Message 40 of 44
Latest reply