What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

A second hand power board for $19 and $11.30 postage!! I can get the exact same one brand new from Bunnings for around $12. The prices are staggering for most of the items. Vintage doesn't mean valuable. Often it just means junk. Looks like only 2 items sold. It's no earthly wonder why!

Arts, I second what Padi said. You really need to look at what you are pricing everything at. You've got some good stuff there, it would be a shame if you couldn't sell it because they are too expensive. One example, a clapped out old clock radio, that isn't even a decent brand name, for $25 with $40.80 postage......and I'm in the same state. Would hate to see what it costs to send it to WA! No-one in their right mind would pay that. Same with a lot of your books. They just aren't worth that.....to anyone.

Edit: Here's one for Brer! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRER-RABBIT-BY-ENID-BLYTON-POP-UP-BOOK/123378230126?hash=item1cb9ea636e:...

Message 111 of 148
Latest reply

The seller seems to think that the value of a book doubles or trebles once it has been read.   Add high postage and they are never going to sell.

Message 112 of 148
Latest reply

Apparently it's a scrolling tool issue that has stopped their sales. I wouldn't say they had stopped, they never really started. I just hope Arts takes on board what others have said here, or they are going to go broke pretty quickly. Paying 20 something bucks a month for a store, and not getting anything back for it. I certainly wouldn't be wasting my money like that. May as well walk out onto the street and throw it in the air.....or burn it.

Message 113 of 148
Latest reply

I seriously hope you are not advocating book burning.

Message 114 of 148
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

One example, a clapped out old clock radio, that isn't even a decent brand name, for $25 with $40.80 postage......and I'm in the same state.

Hmmm, $132.85 postage to me in WA Tippy - shame they don't have 2 of them.......................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 115 of 148
Latest reply

You can buy a new, brand name clock radio of less than he wants for one that is for parts.....as well as crazy postage costs.

Message 116 of 148
Latest reply

Haven't you heard the old proverb lyndal "A bird in the Bush....................." 

There could be all sorts of "antique" bits in there.......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 117 of 148
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I seriously hope you are not advocating book burning.

I'm on standby with a blanket in which to roll any burning books, should tippy*toes (unlikely scenario!) actually be brandishing a flaming torch towards a pile of books.

Message 118 of 148
Latest reply

Many thanks

Message 119 of 148
Latest reply

$25 for a pair of pink rubber thongs PLUS $11.30 postage to an adjacent state???? $36 for a pair of Millers cropped pants which originally cost no more than $20 - and then $11.30 postage again??? Same price for a Millers T-shirt???

The mind boggles at the prices being asked.

Tell em he's dreamin'.

Message 120 of 148
Latest reply