What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

I don't understand i don't sell shoes????????????

Message 11 of 148
Latest reply

Oh my... I had to laugh at this one...!
Message 12 of 148
Latest reply

I have gone from selling anywhere from 1-10 items a day to practically nothing. Had 2 sales since Friday. Something has happened.
Message 13 of 148
Latest reply

Something is definitely going on with eBay. Normally I'd run around 30 sales per month but have only had the one sale since last Friday and I'm not getting the page views. I signed up with Swapmeet last night as a result. It may not be any better but it certainly couldn't be any worse either.
Message 14 of 148
Latest reply

wow never heard that term "throttling" before but if this practice is going isnt that illegal ie: anti-competitive?..

are you suggesting that we dont get exposure re: search engines..

could you explain the concept a little more??...but yeah sales for us seem to peter out just around the time we start  paying for listings after our free ones have been used...weird..

Just as Foxtel is now going to be hammered by Netflix..I pray for the day a realistic alternative to Ebay that is really super efficient, has a higher profile and is fairer and cheaper comes along..the alternatives at this point are ok but its better the devil you know unfortunately..

Message 15 of 148
Latest reply

Similar here Lane-Ends.

Ours have pretty much settled on about 50% of what it was pre-Xmas.

Has been that way for the last couple of months now.

We are thinking this is the new "normal" for us.

Thankfully we have now launched our own web site and are working towards getting that "out there" with a view to cut back on ebay listings if/when it can get working.

Message 16 of 148
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Something is definitely going on with eBay. Normally I'd run around 30 sales per month but have only had the one sale since last Friday and I'm not getting the page views. I signed up with Swapmeet last night as a result. It may not be any better but it certainly couldn't be any worse either.

I have been ummming and ahhhing about getting back into ebay selling after quite an absence. Just when I think I am about to dip my toe again, something changes my mind. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of good news so I continue to stall. As far as buying goes I seem to be doing a lot less browsing these days too!

I have some holidays coming up, after which I will be looking at other options. Have already been doing some preparation. They may not get the same 'audience' as ebay but some exposure has got to be better than none (particularly while I continue to stall with ebay!).

Message 17 of 148
Latest reply

What I've noticed is it is harder to see local stuff nowadays because you have to wade through masses of Chinese items. That is, unless you use various filters & those don't always work either.

Back in the past, there used to be a lot more private sellers, now it is more either big concerns or ebay shops and businesses.

I think ebay is deliberately changing direction, there's not a great deal we can do about it. Small sellers haven't the clout of big businesses.

At a guess, I would say ebay will change dramatically over the next few years. We might see an end to a lot of stuff that gives ebay headaches or ties up their employee time. ie an end to feedback as we know it, items place in a 'cart' won't be counted as a sale until you pay for them (bringing it into line with  daily deal sites).

Small sellers might end up squeezed out a bit and onto an alternative sales site.

Message 18 of 148
Latest reply

I too have signed up with Swapmeet.  Have put around ten items on and over 24 hours have had on average 8 views on each item which is more than is happening on ebay at the moment.  I am hoping more people will support this new site and give it a chance.  I have seen a couple of things which interest me to buy and they are a little cheaper than you will find on ebay so maybe that is what we all should be doing, spending our money over there.

Message 19 of 148
Latest reply

I "dunno" about these other sites - I remember there was yahoo and sold.com (anyone remember that?), oztion > q....etc etc

Nonetheless, I have signed up for swap. I used to trick myself into 'justifying' an almost 10% fvf here (big audience yada yada)

but I need to be realistic. If there are other places that charge 3-5% or even less then maybe just maybe they might be worth

trying? Focus on using appropriate key words and descriptions and surely the listings will show up in google searches?

(when I am looking for something I will often go to google first and not automatically go to ebay)

Message 20 of 148
Latest reply