When is eBay going to make the Buyer take onus and be responsible and penalise for their actions

Hi to All

After 15 years of selling on eBay and **bleep** footing around Buyers

Those who take no responsibility for their actions, 

I'm wondering when will eBay after put a plan or penalty system into action for buyers who have no intention of carrying out purchaces

Will have A penalty in stopping constant non paying bidders,

I know as a Seller I'm totally regulated, and controlled by eBay and Buyers, so why shouldn't Buyers be responsible for the defaults.

Realising the WOW a strike is put against them! ,Whoopee, may be I suggest, 1 Strike, one month suspension, after renew after a Month another strike 3 months suspension, if renew again after 3 months and another strike 6 months Hoilday, and if renew after that  and happens again .Good Bye for Good.People are trying to run business not get stuffed around and onate money to eBay for 7 days

Really Get with it and Fix it , as what your running now ain't working.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: When is eBay going to make the Buyer take onus and be responsible and penalise for their actions

@canaryyellow2013 wrote:

No other ecomerce site that I know of that has this "commit to buy"  and pay later!  

I actually know of several, including a few of the sites I buy from regularly. The primary difference is that those sellers don't have to pay a commission to a third party as soon as I submit my order, nor do they have to go through a whole song and dance to cancel my order if for some reason I never paid for it, so i for one would welcome an easier, simpler and faster order cancellation process due to non-payment. 

Personally, although I fully understand immediate payment required won't suit every seller, I would like to see the removal of the 'Buy It Now' button while only 'Add to cart' remains (particularly if they changed it so the cart doesn't load when an item is added). It wouldn't change much for sellers who have to invoice for multiple items, but would make implementing immediate payment much easier for sellers such as myself who are able to set up auto-postage discounts. 

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: When is eBay going to make the Buyer take onus and be responsible and penalise for their actions

Simple answer= Never

The buyer is ebay's bread and butter and sellers are just one of the beer bottles on the wall.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I have heard of clandestine ways of exposing NPB , following them.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

they are never going to make the buyer take any responsibility. its now part of there whole business plan. just think of all the changes made over the last 15 years
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

After 13 years of putting up with non payers I now require immediate payment via PayPal. Hardly any buyers use bank deposit any more so that is now not an issue.

I must admit I love it. Everything I sell is paid for immediately so no non-payers, stallers, excuses, "can I pay you when I get my dole cheque?"  etc etc.

The item sells, I get the money. I post same/next day and it is done an dusted. No more 'sold' stock sitting in queues waiting to be paid for then packed etc.

Anyone who wants to pick up an item usually contacts me first and I either revise the listing to exclude immediate payment (or work out an 'arrangement' for them to pay on pick up).

The only downside is multiple purchases. I just refund the excess postage & have a chat to eBay at the end of each month to retrieve the excess fees.

I hardly even need a blocked bidder list anymore (which consisted primarily of non-payers). It is only the rare neg/neutral feedback buyer that I might need to add.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply