Why are sellers describing refurbished or opened and used mobile phones as NEW!!??

rom3r66
Community Member

Hi ebay, Ive noticed several sellers describing mobile phones as NEW when they are refurbished, locked onto a network, opened and used for a little while, It seems they are younger ebay users who do not understand their responsibilities. Come on ebay do something about it!! Electronic items described as NEW should be that new and unused. Thanks 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why are sellers describing refurbished or opened and used mobile phones as NEW!!??

Not ebay here,sorry

We are simply members just like you are, ebay do not run nor do they read these boards

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

if you want to buy a new phone i think you should go to a reputable phne dealer in your local shopping precinct.

ebay is a treasure trove of false advertising sharks when it comes to this kind of item.

oh, thats just my opinion, i dont even own a 'smart' phone. mine just makes calls and recieves em. no bells and whistles.

i dont seem to have the urge to be glued to a 2 inch screen 24/7

arnt i lucky?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

A 15 inch is better hey

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

i need glasses with my 21 inch screen, next comp will be getting a 27 inch

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Why don't you just hook your computer up to you TV? Assuming you've got a large TV that is. I did that a few years ago when my laptop screen got smashed. Everything is JUMBO sized! No need for glasses then. Made watching TV a bit difficult, but was great for online stuff. Reading the news was a cinch. Didn't need to enlarge the text or wear glasses!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

well my 42 inch tv is mounted on the wall in the lounge and my computers in the bedroom.

like i have my old fashioned phone i have an old fashioned computer still lol

i dont do changes in my routine well, my motto is if its working dave don't fiddle with it you know it allways goes wrong.

i bet i'll be the last person on the planet using a desktop computer when everyone else has the chip fitted into their brains.

i like being able to remove the big cover off the side and see all the shiny bits and wires. two huge hard drives, 2 burners ...

makes grunting noises like tim the toolman here.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

I'm with you David. My mobile phone can receive and make calls, and if I try really hard, I can send (and receive) texts.

My new TV is NOT a 'smart' TV (I used a separate set top box to get HD until just a few weeks ago) and therefore doesn't connect to the internet, even if my computer was in the same room.

I don't have a laptop, I have a desktop (purchased 2009, with some upgrades since then I think) but still running Windows XP. I have purchased a couple of external hard drives (most recent is 2 TB) to extend the desktop's 300GB HD.

The main reason I haven't upgraded - apart from the fact that this computer runs just fine - is that I am concerned my existing hardware (printer, scanner) and software won't run on anything higher than XP.

So we can be Luddites together.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Luddites....lol

I have a 36 inch TV as a monitor,   but a $49 phone,   lol

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply