Why are sellers describing refurbished or opened and used mobile phones as NEW!!??

rom3r66
Community Member

Hi ebay, Ive noticed several sellers describing mobile phones as NEW when they are refurbished, locked onto a network, opened and used for a little while, It seems they are younger ebay users who do not understand their responsibilities. Come on ebay do something about it!! Electronic items described as NEW should be that new and unused. Thanks 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why are sellers describing refurbished or opened and used mobile phones as NEW!!??

I've totally lost track of why I would want to hook up my computer to the TV....Robot Indifferent

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I have an old CRT TV hooked up to my PC as the second monitor so I can play classic games on it* without needing to unpack and set up game consoles every time, which take up a lot of space when you have about ten of them and close to 1000 games packed away in boxes! Hang on, let me count... NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Mega Drive, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2. Yeah, that's ten, not counting consoles I have more than one of (I actually don't have a PS3 or other HD console, they don't interest me). Would have been eleven, but I sold my original Xbox and its games some time ago.

*They actually look better on a CRT over an LCD/plasma TV, as some of the games were designed to blend the nearby colours to make extra colours, or by using the PAL/NTSC colour artifacts to their advantage, which just doesn't look right on other TV types. Also, most digital TVs have a frame or two of lag between the console and displaying the picture, which is quite noticeable when you switch from a CRT to an LCD/plasma (or the other way) after being used to one or the other. And yes, that can mean dying to the first Goomba on Mario because you pressed the jump button but it didn't happen until slightly later!

The only catch is, the TV doesn't support more than 800x600 because of the TV's maximum resolution being the old analog 576i PAL signal (actually, due to that, the TV technically doesn't even support 800x600, but anything is better than using 640x480). 1024x768 is possible, but you can't read anything (fonts below about 12pt, such as the Windows interface text, are practically impossible to read) as the video card squashes everything to fit the TV's resolution rather than making the TV go out of sync and/or destroy itself trying to handle higher resolutions.

As the TV doesn't have an S-Video socket or a 3.5mm audio socket (the video card only has DVI, VGA and S-Video outputs), I needed an S-Video to AV (RCA) plug adaptor and a 3.5mm audio to stereo RCA adaptor for the sound, which cost less than $10 from Jaycar about 10 years ago.
Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I suppose if you want to use a mouse or keyboard?

Or do they run on extension leads as well?

Dave!   Really?

I use a cordless, battery operated keyboard and mouse

$20 for the two

I sit on my couch with the keyboard on my knees.  Haven't worn either

out in 3 years.  Batteries last 12 months if you remember to turn them off.

I also have a cordless mouse for my laptop.  I don't like the scratchpad

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

It's good your keyboard isn't so heavy it's worn out your knees Stawks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

The only game I play on my computer is solitaire - and it doesn't matter if it's on a TV screen or computer monitor.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

I only play Freecell in the Windows card games, Solitaire feels rigged in some way, although not nearly as bad as Hearts where the computer opponents gang up on you regardless of how well another one is doing.

Once you play Hearts on the computer you will get used to being dealt the worst hands time and time again, with that solitary queen, king or ace of spades (or two or all three of them so you can get the queen while the computer keeps spamming spades), a single high card in a third suit that always wins the trick and/or a heart and every other card being low numbers that the computer will take the trick immediately. And you'll probably get the 5 of hearts too, so you get to see the 2, 3 and 4 (or an off-suit card) on the table when you lead it. Or when you get to the don't-pass round, throw a jack of clubs on the two (being the first round, you can't take penalty cards), see an eight of diamonds and the queen of spades and take the trick and thirteen points. Of course, they forgot about the no-penalty-cards-on-the-first-trick rule too!
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply