Why buy it then??????

Just had a customer purchase an item from my store for $129.95. She sent me a message saying she has seen the same item on anther EBay store for $124.00 including 2 pairs of free socks. She said "seeing as I paid $129.95, can you give me 2 pairs of socks for free".

What?????

Just having a rant............

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Why buy it then??????

If the buyer has asked for a discount after the sale has been done isn't that against ebay policy for trying to do a deal outside of ebay?

I know I'm grabbing at straws here but it could be interpreted that way,yes/no?

Message 31 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

as long as the sell price remains , the seller can add things or  give a discount on postage if there is postage or send the buyer some money. like if a buyer picks up from me and the total amount is $306.50   i might say ,just make it $300 .

Message 32 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

I like Penny's reply. I'd also mention that the buyer had discerning taste in buying from a reputable seller, located in AU, & must have done thorough homework to choose your item over a competitior.

Free socks are not necessarily of optimum quality nor free; Therefore you do not offer same & allow the product you have already sent to stand alone on quality & value. 

If you really feel the need to reply to the message you received; That's what I'd word into my reply, along with Penny's ideas.

Message 33 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Yours are mostly pick up Joe so you can give whatever discount you like but once a sale is made through paypal then perhaps discount on postage is ok.

And just to vent while I'm at it if you don't pay when you buy an item and then have the nerve to leave negative feedback when an UID is issued don't blame anyone else but yourself,pay up or don't bid/buy.

Message 34 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

This is genius so funny! This type of customer is thankfully rare and what I like to call the bell curve. A neutral professional response like what has been suggested in another reply is perfect and consider adding to your BBL.

Message 35 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

There are only 2 senario's I can think of. 1 - I am the first listing, but that still is odd, because she would have had to see the other shop just below mine or 2 - she has been blocked from buying from them. She is now blocked from me aswell.

Digi - I will use your response if that's ok, that's really good. I just tracked the item and it's still in transit, so we'll wait to see what her feedback and DSR's are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but she can't ping me for Postage dsr's, because it's "free" postage and she can't ping me for communication because it is automatic 5 stars for uploading tracking within 24hrs. Is that right?

Message 36 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

I can rate communication, does not matter about tracking number being there or not, might be different on pc though.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 37 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

hi allsafe posible blocked but i think springy is spot on ,they already brought from you and then saw the cheaper add, and tryed to get the same deal.   so i dont know why you blocked them , but thats up to you.

now its a warm day down here in melbourne , but could you or anyone else ,please explain to me what your husbands name what number unit you live in or how many cats has to do with selling these boots, i must be missing something   have a nice day

Message 38 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Just found this

"To give you credit for transactions where a buyer doesn't need to contact you, you'll automatically receive a 5-star detailed seller rating for Communication if:
*You specify either same business day or one business day handling and upload tracking information within one business day of payment being received"

So I think she can't score low on that - could be wrong though.....

Message 39 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

All the feedback looks 'great'

Message 40 of 69
Latest reply