Why cant I sell anything on ebay?

gmsonconsulting
Community Member

Hi

I am trying to list a product to sell on ebay but it says "We're inviting sellers to the new managed payments program in stages. We're sorry you can't sign up today."

I have allways been able to sell on ebay in the past what has changed?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why cant I sell anything on ebay?

Have you missed/ignored ebay messages regarding managed payments, and subsequently missed your sign up deadline.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I missed the deadline long ago and I am still being invited (constantly) to join up.  I cannot see them excluding all of us who may or may not decide to join later.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe they are still in the process of joining Sellers up, or maybe it is a glitch, or maybe the category you have chosen is one that is now not included. Logically, you should still be able to sell without joining up to the new system just yet. Don't be in a rush to join up if this is the case, and thank your lucky stars instead!

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Maybe they are still in the process of joining Sellers up, or maybe it is a glitch, or maybe the category you have chosen is one that is now not included. Logically, you should still be able to sell without joining up to the new system just yet. Don't be in a rush to join up if this is the case, and thank your lucky stars instead!

As a seller, you are given a deadline to sign on to managed payments, it is a deadline, not life support, and if you miss the deadline, your ability to sell is revoked.

Change your mind later on and decide to sign on, no longer a simple option.

Love how members who are not using managed payments, think they are lucky.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Love how members who are not using managed payments, think they are lucky.

I think it's just a case of being scared of change,  they most likely still drive a horse and buggy around as well.

Oh and of course they listen to the small minority of complainers on here, instead of looking at how the new system works,  most can't think for themselves.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

preraf
Community Member

Dont worry. I was selling items on ebay at the time I signed up to Managed Payments and have been locked out due to something that was incorrect on the paperwork. That was  5 months ago and still not sorted.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

self edited

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Looks like The OP listed their item - and on Managed Payments.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply