Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetence?

http://i.imgur.com/kOaTW3w.jpg

"We've thoroughly investigated the case and found that the buyer should return the item to you since the item doesn't match the description in your listing."

Yeah, you guys did a great job! Very thorough!

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

Isn't the buyer also complaining that the board has been overheated or something. The buyer can just say it is not working and ebay would require a return (I know that isn;t what they have said). You could except the return, then contact ebay and say that the board is exactly as described and request all postage costs and fees back from ebay, and then put a compliant in with the ACCC if they do not comply. I would also put a request in with the buyer to cover all postage costs and fees first.

You could also not except the return and then if ebay (and paypal) refund the buyer without return you could also put a compliant in with the FOS, I think that is the better option, but you are risking everything though.

JMO

Message 21 of 54
Latest reply

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

hi dylan ,there are always lots of ifs , but the buyer has stated were is the back-plate, as i have said for the amount of money and hastle and red dots and defect points , if the information in your add is truthful send the damm plate in an envelope when the buyer first messaged you , the plate has no use to me to you to anyone except for the buyer of this model motherboard, even if the buyer is 100% wrong ,just spend a dollar and mail it to him .

there are a lot of posters complaining about buyers ,ebay ,paypal, whithout posting item number.without posting tracking nu. without posting messages.   there are 2 sides and in some cases 3 sides to all stories .

have a nice day.

Message 22 of 54
Latest reply

That would be the easiest solution if the OP has it.

The fact remains that the seller did state there was no other stuff that came with the board though. Whether or not the lack of a backplate constitutes an inclomplete mobo I do not know, you could take out the BIOS chip for example and would it still be classed as a complete board? Should that information be included in the listing?

You are right about including as much info as possible to avoid any confusion.

Then there is also the fact that the buyer is also complaining about something else as well......

Message 23 of 54
Latest reply

hi dylan if the buyer is complaining about the board overheating  isnt that more a reason the seller should of agreed for a return,

but the seller keeps  pushing about the plate .

about the bios ,thats why the description is not good enough .

remember the main photo for the whole auction was a picture of a brand new motherboard and new box , is a picture clasified as a discription also ; and thats why with 1 day to go a picture of the real motherboard in a non original box was showed and thats the picture you see. these days you have to be careful how you discribe things.

so when he relists he has to be a bit more careful and say what it does not come with ,and not a car

Message 24 of 54
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

hi dylan if the buyer is complaining about the board overheating  isnt that more a reason the seller should of agreed for a return,

but the seller keeps  pushing about the plate .

about the bios ,thats why the description is not good enough .

remember the main photo for the whole auction was a picture of a brand new motherboard and new box , is a picture clasified as a discription also ; and thats why with 1 day to go a picture of the real motherboard in a non original box was showed and thats the picture you see. these days you have to be careful how you discribe things.

so when he relists he has to be a bit more careful and say what it does not come with ,and not a car

Joe, I do admire your tenacity 😉  You have a picture of a piano in one of your listings - what is your buyer going to do when they get a lousy tin of paint? 😛

Message 25 of 54
Latest reply

i do whats the item number so i can go and play it ,  ps i once took a photo and it had one of my cats in the background, paint sold still have the cat.

Message 26 of 54
Latest reply

'if the buyer was complainng that it did not have the back-plate ,why did you not put it in an envelope for $1 and send it to him ,to save your $125 order."

Because i dont have it.

Thats why its listed as;

"Wont come with anything else."

Message 27 of 54
Latest reply

Does the rug come with it too? It would match my lounge suite !

Message 28 of 54
Latest reply

found the piano ,but damm it ,its not my house 

thanks i will fix those listings

Message 29 of 54
Latest reply

"hi dylan if the buyer is complaining about the board overheating  isnt that more a reason the seller should of agreed for a return,

but the seller keeps  pushing about the plate ."

The buyer complained ONCE about it, to make his argument sound better for a refund. There is no overheating issue at all lol. Motherboards dont overheat. I assume hes trying to make the point of the CPU being hot and the board g ot burned, but what he does not know is it dosnt work that way. So thats already false.

Secondly i have not 'pushed' about the plate. I have 'pushed' about;

"Wont come with anything else."

Message 30 of 54
Latest reply