Why does ebay keep letting scammers buy from me!?

Literally. It's so dumb

Problem:
People are buying my items with 0 rep (happened 8 times so far, 2 being auction, 6 being buy now) then not paying up

People are buying from USA (their account even says based in America) even though i clearly put no international postage, and they dont pay up anyway

This is easily fixable? How?

1. Don't let international people buy products I am only selling WITHIN MY COUNTRY. I thought that was obvious...

2. Have a setting that disallows people with 0 feedback to buy your products unless they pay instantly.

But even then, some scammers i have got have 3 rep, 8 rep, and most recently suprisingly 223 feedback (though, only like 10 in the last 12 months). I assume this guy was hacked or something...

What happens and how do I know they are a scammer?

1. They never pay up, even after weeks, or they re-tract their buying (ebay says it was "someone else bought this without the users permission so the purchase has been retracted", leading me not even to report and unpaid item or anything..

2. They send me personal emails off ebay asking me to ship it, after sending fake paypal confirmation emails. Also after them being based in USA, they tell me to ship to Africa

So please fix this. Please ebay. I have so many stupid **bleep** in my seller dashboard and im getting tired of it...

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Why does ebay keep letting scammers buy from me!?

And? I sold another phone .. on here quickly and it was fine... I don't see how this reply helps

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

I know, but the non-payer ive had to open like 8-9 cases. And its so annoying relisitng it.

BIN is not an option. It's not in the selling options when i go to make a new sell item at all.

Ill try to find the blocks thing.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

Your buyer requirements have been updated. Block buyers who:
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s).
Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s).
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.

Just did that. Hopefully that fixes it.
Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

Good.

The BIN, you select fixed price and when it is listed it shows as Buy it Now.

And if you also select Immediate payment required, you won't have any non payers.

The buyer then clicks BIN and is prompted to pay rather than just a confirmation of the sale.

If they don't pay, the listing remains up.

image host
Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

If the immediate payment option is not there, then you need to upgrade your Paypal account to Premium

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

Fixed Price is Buy it Now. the price you set in a "Fixed Priced" listing is the "Buy it Now" price. when the buyer agrees to buy for your fixed price, they "Buy it Now" effectively. they will still have time to pay though, depending on whether or not you set the option of requiring immediate payment via PayPal.

if you do set immediate payment as an option (as many other posters have already said), buyers will have to make payment before the item is marked as "sold" - and until the pay, other buyers are able to buy the item. the sale is only confirmed once payment has been made. 

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

This is what i dont get, how do i upgrade it to premier? I only have the option for business. I've tried a while ago and u bringing this up i still cant

edit: Seems like you have to create a new acc and make it premier to start with (signing up). That sucks

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

thanks for the info stawks, wasn't aware it was only available to "premium" accounts. 

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

An upgrade should be available.

Go to https://www.paypal.com/UPGRADE and log in to your PayPal account. Click the Upgrade Now button at the bottom of the page. The next page will allow you to choose a personal Premier Account or a Business Account. Simply select which type of account you would like, and click the Continue button.

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

This link explanes how to do imediate payment

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply