buyer refused delivery after Aust Post delivers to wrong post office & then demands FULL refund

Point in fact:

Buyer wins auction ( in the last 1 minute or so)

Takes 4 days to pay

i mail within one hour of payment being made ( my PO is 30 klms from my home in the bush)

I don't hear back from buyer after 10 days and check status of delivery

Item has been sitting @ the post office for 4 days awaiting collection

Contact buyer and ask if enerything is OKAY? 

We realise that the item has been sent to the wrong Post Office

I contact Aust Post ( online ) i might add still no response from them after 5 days!!! Waste of time

I chase around trying to get the phone number of the PO SHOP in Westfield Western Australia ( i am in NSW)

Finally track down the item which has been thankfully returned after pickup by the Box holder with the same No: only wrong PO to the buyer ( which i might add is only 6klms = a 10 minute drive) between the two

Contact buyer: alert the whole saga & advise that the Manager of 'wrong' PO will hand deliver her package to the 'right' PO immediately since it was their stuff up.

Advise the buyer her package is now @ her PO for collection

She demands FULL refund

Goes to her PO & refuses acceptance of package ...

Return to sender

After jumping though every hoop, using every avenue available to rectify the bungle by Oz Post ... i now have to refund full amount, i have STD phone charges, cost me the postage costs, & not to mention the stress .... now poss. NEG .. cause she CAN???

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: buyer refused delivery after Aust Post delivers to wrong post office & then demands FULL ref

@thebozstonian wrote:
@it is my understanding that to 'name & shame' is not well received. She is a big spender with 370 gr8 feedback, only as a buyer tho 😉 however I just KNEW when she bid @ the last minute, then took days to pay without any communication this was going to be a pain. One another note, i noticed she has her PC set a day behind in time, so when she makes a payment it appears in paypal a day earlier than actual real time in Oz .. now all i need is for the item to go missing on it's return .. & she has the benefit of leaving a neg as the outcome regardless of refund or not, she will have to open a case & go though the process .. that's my only method of satisfaction!! ( smack me i know)

The time showing in paypal is the time in the USA that the buyer paid....it has nothing to do with the buyer doing anything shonky with their computer settings.  This is one reason that we advise on the boards that a dispute should not be left till the last day as all too often the time difference means that it is too late.   All paypal transactions are done in US time, not AU time.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Re: buyer refused delivery after Aust Post delivers to wrong post office & then demands FULL ref

@thebozstonian wrote:
my listing stated no refunds .. one cannot be geld accountable for Aust Post inefficiencies. It appears that eBay & Paypal don't give a rat's for seller's anymore and they don't make a bean off buyers!

Actually, ebay makes a lot of beans off buyers....any seller worth their salt builds their fees into their listing price and postage and handling fees....and who pays the listing price, postage and handling...the BUYER of course.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

TY Lyndal1838 .. however i also get a difference in response time posted in eBay from her messages??? from her iPad .. i found this very strange, so just to clarify.
Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

i don't 'build' any add costs into a bidding price, i am not a professional seller, i have indeed been a professional buyer since 2002, back in the day when SELLER's WORLDWIDE ACTUALLY BUILT eBay on INTEGRITY & open honest communication. Interestingly enough also build some strong genuine friendships with seller's in every corner of the globe ( this shared rock) which still endure today .. long B4 FaceBook! I appreciate your comment tho .. i genuinely feel that many sellers worth their salt have now left the building 🙂
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Yes, there is going to be a difference in times.....you are in NSW and she is in WA.  Her messages are sent at the time in WA but you receive them in NSW time.

The time differences are even more pronounced when it it between countries.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@thebozstonian wrote:
@it is my understanding that to 'name & shame' is not well received. She is a big spender with 370 gr8 feedback, only as a buyer tho 😉 however I just KNEW when she bid @ the last minute, then took days to pay without any communication this was going to be a pain. One another note, i noticed she has her PC set a day behind in time, so when she makes a payment it appears in paypal a day earlier than actual real time in Oz .. now all i need is for the item to go missing on it's return .. & she has the benefit of leaving a neg as the outcome regardless of refund or not, she will have to open a case & go though the process .. that's my only method of satisfaction!! ( smack me i know)

You are correct in that naming and shaming sellers on the forums is not permitted. Cryptic messages of troublesome buyers we do from time to time to help others sellers out.

eg. I have been for a walk this morning it was lovely.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Ty Harley .. ( i get the drift! maybe those who have dolls/coins/stamps/various jelly moulds .. collectable items, one might wish to sell that are horded & gather dust might be of interest for her to purchase! The purchase from me was very out of character.. As fer moi, i have been hand raking branches & leaves, burning off ( cleansing) .. since no serious rain for months ... i DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S CONTRIBUTION to my frustration over this situation .. i have always tried to BE & treat others as i would like to be treated. Doesn't always work that way
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Realize the time delays, my having 3 hrs infront of WA .. since i was tracking the package & having to wait for businesses ie: Aust Post to open .. her messages were almost 24 hrs in time stamping behind, in other words i would message & her response time stamp was completely outta whack. TY for taking the time & effort, i really was just seeking more the expertise from experienced sellers as to the refund situation in possible similar senario in this instance.
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply