buyer returned a damaged different graphic card

Hi,

I sold a sencond hand computer graphic card, it was fully working. 

Though I listed it as second hand and no returns, the buyer got it and after around 10 days, the buyer opened return case saying 

the card is damaged/totally dead. 

Not sure what's happening but I guess on eBay the only option for me is accepting the return and pay the return postage. 

However today I got the card back and I found that, though the returned one is the same model, it is not the same one I sent as I did a mark on the back of it before sending out (also photo it and video it).

The returned one is totally dead.

So what's happening, do people now abuse eBay buyer protection like this now?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: buyer returned a damaged different graphic card

The agency to report online fraud to is The ACORN:

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

This is administerd by the Australian Federal Police.

A common way to invisibly mark items is to use a UV sensitive pen. Only shows up under a black light.

View solution in original post

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Your only chance is to phone Ebay (or preferably get them to call you back) and explain that you have evidence the buyer has returned a different card - ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get satisfaction with the first rep.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

Be prepared for an uphill battle though as eBay will nearly always side with the buyer in INAD cases........................

Yes people are definately using eBay as a free shopping platform.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Ahhh, the good old switcheroo. More and more buyers are doing that to get whatever it is they want for free. I doubt you'll win this, even with the proof you have, but don't give up. Fight to the bitter end. If you still fail, report the buyer to ACORN, who are the online fraud police.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess eBay will let him win but I'll try

eBay wasted my $500, I do have some time to let them know this

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

I buy graphics card from dodgy Chinese seller > Low quality Chinese-made Graphics card breaks within days (They are meant to last years) > Return item back to dodgy Chinese seller > This thread.

People like you make me sick

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

@tcg_cards_au1 wrote:

I buy graphics card from dodgy Chinese seller > Low quality Chinese-made Graphics card breaks within days (They are meant to last years) > Return item back to dodgy Chinese seller > This thread.

People like you make me sick

Is the graphics card here the one you're talking about?

If so then the seller appears to have proof that you returned a different non-functioning card to them.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Maybe cuppy accidentally sent back the card this one was supposed to replace.

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Maybe cuppy accidentally sent back the card this one was supposed to replace.

Well that could happen I suppose if both cards were not working.........................and the same card to boot.

I must admit I know nothing about graphics cards, do they all look the same (apart from identifying marks) ?

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

They don't, different model cards look completely different to each other. The only graphics card I have now is a Nvidia Card, the one I bought off the seller was AMD (Nvida and AMD are Grahpics card manufactures, the difference between the designs is so much that someone without any knowledge could differentiate them within a second). It is actually not possible that i accidently returned the wrong card when I have the Nvidia card with me now.

I returned the card because it was broken, I'm on my computer now, I couldn't be on my computer now with a broken card.

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply