buyers who leave dozens of negs

I sold some books recently, seller paid but it took a week to clear on paypal?? never had that before..Send me question todday asking why I charged "so much" when it comes in a 500g bag. didnt sound right for 25 small books, turns ut from tracking they havent even arrived. I feel her tone was quite disagreeable. So I look at her feedback left for others, and sometimes she has left many in a row for different sellers, she has left many negs over the pages I looked at. Ive put a lot of hard work into this, what can be done if someone who shouldnt be on ebay leaves endless feedback like that?? Im surprised it is allowed. If you have THAT much bad luck why would you keep bothering?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: buyers who leave dozens of negs

@collectocopia wrote:

maybe, but she described the items specifically

??

She bought them, why would she not know what they looked like?

Did she mention faults that were not described?

I still think, if tracking shows not delivered, then she's got the wrong seller.

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

@sunshinebettys,

Are you following this buyer? (It can help to do so; community members may be interested in seeing whom you follow.)

Try not to anticipate trouble before it happens. That can be hard to do - and it's also difficult to refrain from responding in a defensive manner when someone asks something in an accusatory manner.

If the tracking shows that the item is still in transit, then there are two possibilities:

• the parcel hasn't arrived yet and the buyer is mixing you up with another seller; or
  • the parcel has arrived but not been scanned as arriving (possible but not very likely, as the end point is the most consistently scanned postage event).

As davewil has said, you need to know rather than think "it would have been" when it comes to issues about what sort of satchel was used. Do you not have records about this?

It's probably worth giving a quick call to AP and asking about the parcel status.

Be careful in how you respond to the buyer. If this is indeed a serial online shoplifter, the last thing you want to do is show weakness. If you give such a buyer a glimpse at a tender unprotected Achilles' heel, you are making yourself vulnerable to an Achilles' heel-directed arrow. I'd probably reply with something like this:

❝Thank you for your enquiry about [item number].

Australia Post advises that your parcel is still en-route, and that delivery is expected within [time period]. You can check the status of your parcel online under the tracking number [xxx].

Regards,

[seller]❞

Don't discuss what would have been the case, or could have been the case, or might have been the case. That's equivalent to saying "I don't know."

tuckcase has suggested that if your buyer opens a case, you should instigate the return for refund option.

And... as everyone in this thread has said... hang tight. Don't get into a back and forth with the buyer; don't let yourselfl become upset before something happens; if something does happen, post here before you do anything. Don't be manipulated by a threat of negative feedback, especially if it appears that the buyer has done this before.

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay estimate 8 working days - plus postage within 3 days - 11 days - best estimate 20 Sept.     So I really think she might have you mixed up with another seller

But in the meantime, I agree with above - just send her the non-commital example by the countess giving the tracking number and sit tight.

Or maybe I would add something about these items were sent in a 3kg satchel if it is true.

25 little golden books would not have been sent in a 500g satchel, I don't know where she get's that from.   Your listing just says "standard postage"

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

@collectocopia wrote:

I sold some books recently, seller paid but it took a week to clear on paypal?? never had that before..Send me question todday asking why I charged "so much" when it comes in a 500g bag. didnt sound right for 25 small books, turns ut from tracking they havent even arrived. I feel her tone was quite disagreeable. So I look at her feedback left for others, and sometimes she has left many in a row for different sellers, she has left many negs over the pages I looked at. Ive put a lot of hard work into this, what can be done if someone who shouldnt be on ebay leaves endless feedback like that?? Im surprised it is allowed. If you have THAT much bad luck why would you keep bothering?

I do think you probably need, in future, to keep a record of postage method and costs etc because this sort of person needs to be dealt with confidently. Trust me on that, I've met several of this type and if you appear weak or unsure about your facts, they will attack like a pirahna.

You need to be able to reply to a person like this that you can assure her the books were sent in eg a 3kg bag with extra packaging materials to ensure they travel safely and this accounts fully for $xx postage price, you do not make any profit from it whatsover.

If you don't know what sort of bag it was sent in but are sure it is not a 500g satchel, then you'll need to re-word it but be politely assertive, as in ,"I can assure you this parcel of books was not sent in a 500g satchel as there is no way they would all fit or come under the 500g maximum weight. When your items arrive, you will see they are in a much bigger and more expensive satchel and that i included extra packaging materials to ensure their safe arrival. This bigger satchel and the packaging materials account fully for the postage cost, I make no profit from postage.

For goodness sakes though, don't say anything such as "I am sure I would have sent it in a bigger satchel'. You need to act as if you know very well how you sent it, so she can't go trying that on with you.

Her tone is disagreebale, she is looking for something to whinge about, for sure.

This is the first hurdle. The next will be-her finding a book in the bundle she can complain about and seek a refund for.

But one problem at a time. Good luck.

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

PS

I don't think the seller is mixing you up with anyone, I think her response is to a sentence in your ad where you mention postage is a set price, sometimes people will be paying more than the actual cost, often they will pay less.

Which scrubs some advice in the post above where I suggested saying you never make a cent from postage.

In her estimation, this should all fit in a 500g bag. yes, I know, someone should tell her she's dreaming. But these customers exist. We once had someone whinge because a snow suit was not sent in a 500g satchel. Ye gods, it wouldn't even fit in a 3kg satchel.

She's just scared she's one of the ones overpaying for postage so thank goodness in this case, I think it will have gone in a bigger satchel.

She won't care about other people, all she needs to know is her postage cost was reasonable.

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

I think I worked it out now. Her message was badly written. She’s asking me why my postage is so high, and comparing it to someone else she claims she just bought same number of books from. I searched this and nobody fits the bill. So the lying has begun. I’m 200% sure she will angle for a refund.
Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

I got a message from a buyer 2 weeks ago saying that the item they received was nothing like the photo. I nearly had a heart attack! I am always so careful when packing items. If I have multiple parcels to post, I wrap and pack one at a time. I don't have multiple items on the table, for that very reason.

I told her I was away for 2 days, which I was, and asked if she could send a photo and I'd get it sorted the minute I got home. About 15 minutes later I got another message apologising profusely that she'd sent the message to the wrong seller. My item hadn't arrived (I thought it rather quick getting from NSW to WA in 4 days). She said she'd send a photo when it arrived. I told her there was no need if the item was the same one in the photo. I got another message a few days later saying it had arrived and she absolutely loved it.

Sometimes buyers to send the message to the wrong seller. I'd still be suspect of this one though if her track record is that bad.

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

@flowingmanenotahorse wrote:
I think I worked it out now. Her message was badly written. She’s asking me why my postage is so high, and comparing it to someone else she claims she just bought same number of books from. I searched this and nobody fits the bill. So the lying has begun. I’m 200% sure she will angle for a refund.

I would ask her for the ID of the other seller so you can ask them how they can post for so little, because you would sincerely love to offer lower postage costs if you knew how. 

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

They've just had a 6 month break and only just started buying again and looks like they are trying to repeat the

way they did "business" in the past  (the first photo is from over a year ago).

Not arrived..JPG

Neg was from over a year ago and the other 3 are recent.

Recent..JPG

A little "puzzle" for those interested.blush-1.gif

The user ID certainly fits their character as she is a c   bully that laughs like santa which also has a different

meaner meaning who is 46 years of age.Whistle.gif

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

Yep. All those “stolen” parcels. You’d think they’d give up on eBay? . But seriously. It’s fraud.
Message 30 of 39
Latest reply