come on ebay free listings :)

come on ebay show us the xmas spirit with unlimited free listings for EVERYONE for the months of December and January lol

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: come on ebay free listings :)

@dotm2004 wrote:

I am not aware of the 2664 each month ??   A couple of  thousand plus too many for me.

Dot, you come here every month and put up the link for 2664.

It seems that no-one else can get it to work, but you seem able to -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/150-items-15-to-24-November-and-pay-no-listing-fees/m-p/2014...

OP reads on that thread reads : 

I just received this email from eBay .. it's the usual one that comes around monthly ..... hope you can access it    Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Oh dear .. I must have too much sun on my head !!!!!!!!  I took the 2664 as the amount of freebies.  Holiday mode has set in.

Yes, its true I share it when it comes around.

I feel quite silly now Man EmbarassedMan Embarassedmanlol:

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

Email just in... "From us, to you %name%—have a very merry Christmas."

More useless buying deals... they are just rubbing it in now.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Yeah, it's false advertising because it's not from them at all - if we want it we have to buy it for ourselves. Not that I would ever buy anything from their emails, and I'm certainly not interested in christmas!
Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

Most of the ones I've been getting are for grog discounts. I don't drink by choice (hangovers last a week), but what worries me is the amount of dry alcoholics that may get these emails and fall off the wagon.

Advertising alcohol should be banned like ads for smokes. It's just as bad, if not worse for you than smoking.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member
The 2664 only works once every 12 months or more per account.
Untill then its the 40 free per month, and no 100 or 150 free listings sonce september.
I too am hanging for them, my sales also dont warrent a store as i list auctions only and in the catagories which arn't free.
I ended up paying the 1.50 insertion fees for 125 items this month only because i needed the sales for christmas cash, which seems thats what ebays wanting people to have to do.
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

There's a few people here that are able to use 2664 every month. Others are able to use it every few months. Some have never been able to use it.

That's a lot of insertion fees with no guarantee you'll get sales. You'll get hit with that each time the relist, so you're going to get a bit of bill shock next month.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

When I am restricted to 40 free listings my sales are poor.

When we receive an additional 100, 500, 1000 or UNLIMITED FREE LISTINGS then I list a hell of a lot more items and my sales double or even triple.

The formula seems simple:

More free listings = I list more items + I sell more = I make more money + eBay makes more money = everybody wins. 

Am a missing something here boys and girls?

I guess the question I am asking is how has eBay benefited from doing away with these offers?

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

I agree with what you're saying but I think someone else made a valid point too  (not sure if it was this thread or not). By having the promotions people tend to list a lot of cheap junk they wouldn't normally list if they are restricted. People are more careful to list their better stuff when they only have 40 freebies.

It could also be ebays way of getting people to open a store or pay insertion fees. Someone said a few days ago they listed 125 items with $1.50 insertion fee to get more active listings. I know ebay says they'll refund the insertion fee if the item sells but I think once the item resists, the initial listing fee is gone.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

By having the promotions people tend to list a lot of cheap junk they wouldn't normally list if they are restricted. People are more careful to list their better stuff when they only have 40 freebies.

It could also be ebays way of getting people to open a store or pay insertion fees. 

Cheers Tippy.

Yeah I too have read those same thoughts elsewhere but they seem like rather weak arguments to me. Like many others I am left scratching my head as to the real motives behind eBay's policy change.

Regardless of all our theories ultimately free listings means more income for eBay.

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply