defamatory buyer feedback

what can be done to challenge defamatory buyer feedback?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: defamatory buyer feedback

The inference was claimed by you. I am even avoiding those words now.

I regarded the feedback an outrageous defamation & replied in the reply box that appeared in front of my eyes in the web site. I am not an expert ebay user.

Am I the only one not allowed to express his opinion?

Below is a definition of poorly:

poorly - (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well;

Are you trying to claim such a statement does NOT injure my reputation??

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

To be honest, your over-reaction the feedback has done you more harm than the actual feedback.

The feedback is so non specific as to be almost eligible for removal for not pertaining to the transaction but your heated defence of your "reputation" would make the reader (and probably ebay) think that the buyer does indeed have a reason for complaint.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

So my defence “would make the reader (and probably ebay) think that the buyer does indeed have a reason for complaint.”

That's precisely THE problem.

A trading web site needs to deal in facts, like contracts.

Do not make INCORRECT presumptions according to your feelings.

I asked a simple question. I did not expect biased ignorant thoughts & feelings!

I think there is a palpable absence of integrity on this web site!

Note, The fact that your bias makes me angry does not make buyer's claim right.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

The feedback the buyer left  is the buyer's opinion which eBay most likely won't negate.

The option available to you was to leave a professional reply to their feedback to share your side of the story.

The buyer has 81 feedback, have they left any other sellers negs? or have they been satisfied with all of their previous transactions?

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Just in case you don't realise, Lyndal 1838, I am not selling anything to you --- I don't have to be “nice” to someone posting rude inferences about me.

Every message to my buyer was cordial & showed great patience. I even suggested (twice, I think) that if case/ cover didn't fit they could probably sell it for a profit.

Buyer did Not answer my precise questions!!

Do not make a judgement without all the information in front of you!

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Another, with wrong assumptions (am*3).

There was nowhere to leave my side of any story. That’s why asked in forum.

I have NOT checked their feedback history. It is irrelevant.

My messages show exemplary customer service. You have just decided to take side of other party because you seem to have a dislike for me & my post. This is evident by your contrarian post (without evidence).

This instant taking of sides is common in all areas of societies. That is how mobs function.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

to am*3,

I even include complimentary slips thanking my buyers. Do you?

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

If your responses here are any indication of how you communicated to the buyer,then i do believe they did feel they were poorly treated by you.An aggressive overreaction on your part & unpleasant customer service.You can't bully everyone without it coming back to bite you along the line in negs or DSR.

eBay will not remove it as it is the buyer's opinion & i think they are entitled to it.

You may continue to prove the point by yelling at me since i don't agree with you

Posters here are not taking sides,they are giving an opinion that you might want to think about.

However i see that you are too obstinate to ever think that everyone else may be right or that you may be wrong.

I would annoy me no end to have to deal with you.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

@jbhobby2009 wrote:

Another, with wrong assumptions (am*3).

There was nowhere to leave my side of any story. That’s why asked in forum.

I have NOT checked their feedback history. It is irrelevant.

My messages show exemplary customer service. You have just decided to take side of other party because you seem to have a dislike for me & my post. This is evident by your contrarian post (without evidence).

This instant taking of sides is common in all areas of societies. That is how mobs function.

A buyers feedback left for others is VERY relevant. It pays to ALWAYS check feedback left for others because it can give you an indication of who you are dealing with. There are plenty of serial neggers out there. You could jump through hoops for a buyer and they will still neg you because they can and because that's what blows their skirt up. They do it as a matter of course.

I have cancelled a few bids on my items because the buyer will be someone who leaves more red dots than anything else, or has a lot of feedback showing they are the worlds unlukiest buyer. I'm not risking my feedback by selling to someone that thinks they always have to have the upperhand and red dots or opens INR/SNAD just because they can.

Check your buyers feedback left for others. You might be surprised.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Do not make a judgement without all the information in front of you!

See, this is precisely the point.

People (including potential buyers) can only use the information they have in front of them.

So the buyer writes that comment which is a bit nasty and vague.  Instead of writing a professional follow-up reply, something like "No communication from buyer prior 2 leaving fb, happy to help" or whatever, you leave a really aggressive comment that seems to reinforce it.  

Bit of a shame.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply