didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

raron2
Community Member

didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

fees too high for me otherwise as a small time seller

the fee on postage is particurally annoying, I have no choice but to pass this on to buyers

which I am sure turns some byers off, less sales for ebay as well as me

havent been getting the monthly no final value fee or listing fee either

which was fine until $1 weekends stopped

feels like small time sellers arent important to ebay

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: didnt list anything this weekend as no $1 weekends

when u have to pay a 1.65 insertion fee each week on same price you cant factor that into your selling price.The insertion fee i payed last week for the item that didnt sell i am paying another 1.65 to reinsert that item you cant pass that on
Message 31 of 86
Latest reply

I rarely come into this 'community' and now I remember why. Instead of it being a community of sellers united in the common purpose of helping each other, it is full of personal attacks with people hiding behind a keyboard. I can see no purpose what so ever behind those sellers / businesses that welcome and support further fees, so is it any wonder I question their authenticity???? The only answer is that it is ebay petrolling and manipulating these boards or sellers with an apple for the teacher attitude hoping they will get benefits for being a number 1 ebay fan. You give honest answers, opinions and experience here hoping it will also provide legitimate feedback to ebay and they will take it on board, only to be shot down. Instead you are left with a punitive stalking feeling in your mouth and wondering when the payback will hit on your accounts. Ebay have received SO much feedback that people do not want to pay insertion fees and the truth is now they have many other avenues to do this - why on earth would so many people consider it 'inevitable' unless the fees are paying their wages. And before you say it I will add I DON'T expect something for nothing....I am more than happy to pay ebay for the service I received when my items sells - that is a true win win.

Message 32 of 86
Latest reply

Why do you pay insertion fees? I don't

Message 33 of 86
Latest reply

Wish I had an ebay hat lol,I know exactely what I'd do,**bleep**en burn it.

I'm probably the one that hates ebay the most but I still can't live without using ebay lol.

Message 34 of 86
Latest reply

where are the 'boards' that one is supposed to read?
Message 35 of 86
Latest reply

Right here where you are posting.

Try reading the other threads that are already attracting answers before starting a new thread about the same topic.

Message 36 of 86
Latest reply

I am NOT pulling the disability card - if you read my post there was more than that and it was explaining why my circumstances don't suit a shop. No one here knows the original posters circumstances so why immediately tell her to get a shop ??? And when she did provide more info her sales do not warrant one so everyone's "business" guidance was a little flawed. I did 78 medical appts last year, 104 the year before and set to average 90 this year (less as one of the people I was caring for died but wouldn't expect any sympathy for that either). Pretty hard to find traditional employment with those commitments and also shouldn't have to pay fees to ebay on the months I can't use them properly. Your post did nothing other than prove when they were handing out compassion and a decent personality you missed out. I certainly hope that should you be faced with adversity that you don't have to deal with people like yourself 😞
Message 37 of 86
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

I rarely come into this 'community' and now I remember why. Instead of it being a community of sellers united in the common purpose of helping each other, it is full of personal attacks with people hiding behind a keyboard. I can see no purpose what so ever behind those sellers / businesses that welcome and support further fees, so is it any wonder I question their authenticity???? The only answer is that it is ebay petrolling and manipulating these boards or sellers with an apple for the teacher attitude hoping they will get benefits for being a number 1 ebay fan. You give honest answers, opinions and experience here hoping it will also provide legitimate feedback to ebay and they will take it on board, only to be shot down. Instead you are left with a punitive stalking feeling in your mouth and wondering when the payback will hit on your accounts. Ebay have received SO much feedback that people do not want to pay insertion fees and the truth is now they have many other avenues to do this - why on earth would so many people consider it 'inevitable' unless the fees are paying their wages. And before you say it I will add I DON'T expect something for nothing....I am more than happy to pay ebay for the service I received when my items sells - that is a true win win.

You seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you must be working for ebay.  And we should all be united in demanding expecting that ebay should provide its listings service completely free, gratious, nada, so that you can list lots of stuff and sell it for a profit.

Perhaps it is just that there are plenty of sellers on these boards who understand that ebay as a business is not making a fortune. Some years it loses money, other years it makes a modest profit.  If it doesnt make a profit most years, it shuts down and all the whingers, plus the many ebay stooges that frequent these boards......Smiley Tongue...... will all no longer have access to its services.

It costs money for ebay to run your listings wether they sell or not and if a seller chooses to list a pile of old junk that few people want to buy, it is a wasted excercise as far as ebay is concerned. It just clogs up the system with stuff no-one wants. ( and thats what tends to happen with free listings ) If people dont pay anything for the listing service, they are more willing to try it on with cruddy junk. If they have a small investment in the listing service, they make sure it is working for them.

You dont go to the car mechanic or dentist and expect them to provide their services for free, so why do you expect ebay to provide you with free listing services ???

Message 38 of 86
Latest reply

How do you proceed to organise a store?

Message 39 of 86
Latest reply

You have no idea of my circumstances, nor those of MY family.

I simply don't bring them up on the boards as they are irrelevant.

Message 40 of 86
Latest reply