discrimination

Sellers in catagories such as Jewellery and Animals as wll as probably more categories are being sevely discriminated against with the new box selections appearing at the top of best match. If your item doesnt fall into these categories chances are you arent getting "clicks" Categories such as Jewellery and Animals have so many items and if your item is rare or unusuall or simply doest fir the top categoy boxes chances are you are missing out on sales. Please let ebay know how unfair this is. A better innovation would be to have normal subcategories under things like Vintage Jewellery which often has over 50,000 items with NO listing discounts

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

discrimination

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I must be missing something here.....every item has to fit into one of the selection methods.

If buyers don't use Best Match they still have other selections such as Price, Price plus postage etc.

How can any item not fit into one of these options.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

discrimination

Lyndal, maybe the OP means this box -  at the top of every category

percentoff.JPG

This has been ticking me off for some time.  Buyers want Aussie sellers - fine.

But these boxes are turning up in every category and only promote NEW

I believe they re-direct buyers off on a tangent.   Buyers don't always see

the 'new' part of the question, and then maybe think ebay doesn't have what

they want.   Then buy something else from one of these sellers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

discrimination

Well I did say I must be missing something StawksSmiley LOL

I must be very one track minded.....I have been studiouly ignoring that box since I first saw it.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

discrimination

Mr Tippy and I use the same account to buy on. He nearly always gets that option on his computer, I've never had it on mine. Even if we use the same search term, I've never seen it!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply