eBay accepted third party authentication for handbags?

I keep getting bags rejected by eBay authentication over authenticity concerns, despite knowing the bag's originator personally and/or certifying it with certain authenticators, that eBay doesn't care about.  Then, I'm slapped with several day bans on selling, now extending to 10 days each time.  I can't go on like this.  Is there any third party authentication service for handbags that eBay will take as authoritative enough to dispute their own 'findings'?

Is eBay authentication for handbags even real?

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: eBay accepted third party authentication for handbags?

Having personally to knock off markets and stores in Shanghai and Hong Kong and seen the prevalence of and cavalier attitude toward knock offs, if you're drop shipping from HK then you are almost certainly selling knock offs and despite your  protestations are doing so knowingly.

If Ebay is banning you I count that as a win for the good guys tbh

Message 21 of 50
Latest reply

@p9games wrote:

If Ebay is banning you I count that as a win for the good guys tbh

Yes,  and they really believe they are real,  I just hope Ebay hurries up and suspends them,  they are a blight on us good sellers.

Message 22 of 50
Latest reply

You mean Lo Wu which is in China not Hong Kon.  All you people thinking Hong Kong is China should kneel a day in front of all the people killed in HK by the Chinese in 2019.

Message 23 of 50
Latest reply

Never mind that they reject only bags shipped from Australia to Australia.  If you think the stuff from Hong Kong is the real problem, that's a lose lose for everybody by your own account.

Message 24 of 50
Latest reply

You should realise that Hong Kon(g) is an increasingly non-autonomous part of China. And has been since 1997.

The Chinese government killing their own citizens is an historical fact.

Message 25 of 50
Latest reply

I think OP has missed something,  even before the chinese takeover of Hong Kong,  its was the capital of knock off's.

Message 26 of 50
Latest reply

eBay authentication doesn't touch any of the listings from Hong Kong

eBay authentication doesn't touch any of the listings from Hong Kong

Repeated for emphasis.

I ask for help authenticating items SOURCED IN AUSTRALIA SOLD IN AUSTRALIA that eBay is rejecting and you guys go off the handle about Hong Kong.

Message 28 of 50
Latest reply

@kittys_boutique wrote:

I ask for help authenticating items SOURCED IN AUSTRALIA SOLD IN AUSTRALIA that eBay is rejecting and you guys go off the handle about Hong Kong.

The stupidity of people in this thread is staggering.

Ah but you are the one who introduced Hong Kong in the discussion as your supplier.  Read your comment on 03-09-2023 10:36 AM

Ah but you are the one who introduced Hong Kong in the discussion as your supplier.  Read your comment on 03-09-2023 10:36 AM

Repeated for emphasis.

Message 29 of 50
Latest reply

@kittys_boutique wrote:

The stupidity of people in this thread is staggering.

Items ' sourced ' in Australia - does not make them authentic - no matter who purchased them.

Message 30 of 50
Latest reply