eBay actually stood up for me to a rogue buyer.

Well, blow me down, eBay actually took the side of the seller.

Most buyers are great, this one was a particularly nasty piece of work, full of swearing and invective.

Harrased me to pay a refund for non delivery of $8 item, after I had done it, he informed me by email that the item had arrived and he was not going to pay for it again.

So, gets to keep the coin and the money.

Then leaves awful, lying feedback, just to put the boot in.

eBay removed the feedback on my request, as at least they could see I had paid a refund, of course I am still $8 out of pocket, but what the heck, half a win is better than none at all.

Such are the trials of Internet selling, but as I say, most buyers are very good and appreciated.

The bad ones, few as they are, however, are memorable.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: eBay actually stood up for me to a rogue buyer.

Harrased me to pay a refund for non delivery of $8 item, after I had done it, he informed me by email that the item had arrived and he was not going to pay for it again.

You need to ring ebay and tell them he did this and forward the email to them. Tell them you will take it to ACORN if they dont resolve it. 

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I agree with ob, you shouldn't let the buyer get away with that, I know it's only $8.00 but it is still theft/fraud. I have to wonder if this is a common tactic by the buyer for (presumably) untracked mail.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Sent at least 12 emails to me today, some which he threatened to kill me, denying he had received a refund, even though it is there in his Paypal account, which I invited him to check...

So, given the obvioulsy unhinged nature, probably best to cut my losses and move on.

I tried Paypal, but they would not help, even though I have an email from the buyer in which he admits he is a thief and a liar.

Been a shocker for time wasters today, but as Scarlett said - "tomorrow is another day"

Should I try ACORN or spend the time listing more stuff, hmm, will probably go for option number two.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

ABSOLUTELY  try Acorn and ebay ..... dont let the phsyco's run then the looney bin!   As soon as he is finished with you he will move onto someone else. Stop the rot now. 

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

If he threatened to kill you, make a complaint with the police. You have to assume that this buyer's behaviour is dangerous, rather than shrug it off. Too many occurrences of drug-driven frenzied killings have made me think that ignoring threats is a bad idea.

Once you have made a complaint with the police, call eBay and give them the case number.

It's probably best not to respond to this individual any further.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I agree with Stickers. Stop the rot now. Report the trash. So many can't be bothered because someone else will do it. No, you be the person that does it. Everyone else is hoping the next person will report it. Don't let them get away with it.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Add the thief to your following, that way we can block the liar since we can't name and shame on the boards.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

Sent at least 12 emails to me today, some which he threatened to kill me, denying he had received a refund, even though it is there in his Paypal account, which I invited him to check...

So, given the obvioulsy unhinged nature, probably best to cut my losses and move on.

I tried Paypal, but they would not help, even though I have an email from the buyer in which he admits he is a thief and a liar.

Been a shocker for time wasters today, but as Scarlett said - "tomorrow is another day"

Should I try ACORN or spend the time listing more stuff, hmm, will probably go for option number two.

He is unhinged on several levels actually.

No sane thief would even tell you the item had arrived and he 'was not going to pay for it again' as the very wording acknowledges he has been refunded the original payment.

Now he seems genuinely furious about not receiving a refund, yet he has the goods.

Plus he is threatening to kill you.

I have no idea if it is drugs or what (though it possibly is) but this person is trouble & not thinking clearly. I'd do what countessa suggested and do not correspond with him any more. His memory seems defective and it could inflame things.

But I wouldn't just let it go either. I'd report the threat to the police, along with all details-name/address/copies of the messages.

Then I'd report what you have done to ebay with a copy of same. And as countessa said, a copy of police file number.

I would not necessarily go chasing for my money back in this case.  I think you deserve it but what i think is more important is that ebay has to step in and do something, perhaps delete this person's ebay account.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

My view, good choice yeoldecoinco. In the past I have spent hours ( or was it days ) on the phone and sending emails trying to right the wrongs of ebay nutters. Was it worth it ? ..................NNNaaaaaa !!!

The aggravation and frustration was making ebay a very unpleasant experience. Now I just add a small amount to postage costs as " insurance " pay out when a problem arrises and move on. It doesnt cost me anything............. Like shoplifters in a B & M store, the general public pays for it.

The way ebay has gone with the constant platform changes, buyer-centic policies, scammers and nutters you have to have a fairly low care factor to the rot to keep trading here. If you take it all to heart and " fight " everything, you just end up bitter and twisted. ( in my case, maybe the damage has already been done..........Smiley Very Happy  )

You cant change ebay policy or stop internet scammers. If you want to sell here you have to go with the flow for the sake of your own sanity.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply