eBay fees nearly 20% total

I have been selling on eBay for more than 12 years and this year is don’t make profit at all through eBay, because of covid the sale went down and their fees went up so much. As the don’t use PayPal they charge fees total to 20%. So we have to be aware of their fee before selling. Thinking that they are cheap things to buy on eBay, we cannot do it anymore . We have to sale extra 20% to cover the fee they charge. It’s ridiculous. I may think to quit eBay for good. Because you are working for them instead for your self. 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: eBay fees nearly 20% total

It appears whoever wrote that article may know less than I do which is why it is always best to use government sites like the epa as they are the ones enforcing any non compliance. Plastic cups are not on the list as far as I can see only expanded polystyrene cups which is those white foam type cups which would insulate the heat well. 

Message 41 of 47
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

As of Nov 1st 2022 in NSW

These single-use plastic items are now banned in NSW. Here's what's changing | SBS News

I'm in NSW and didn't realise that a lot of it was just NSW. I was under the impression it was nation wide.

It amazes me, the earth is millions and millions of years old and has survived. Yet, we've pretty much destroyed it in the space of 100 or so years. 

Message 42 of 47
Latest reply

Adapt or depart - that is business.

Message 43 of 47
Latest reply

Eol - 

From Tuesday 1 November, businesses cannot supply items including plastic straws, plates, plastic-stemmed cotton buds, cups and personal care products, with microbeads now outlawed in NSW.

Message 44 of 47
Latest reply

Oh gosh, didn't realise the OP posted started thread this in Feb 22.  Oops.

Message 45 of 47
Latest reply

Cutting and pasting an incorrect statement and highlighting a few words unfortunately does not make it correct. Here is a link that includes pictures which I find is a better way to work out what is no longer available to purchase.

https://dpe.mysocialpinpoint.com.au/plastics-ban-nsw/banneditems 

Message 46 of 47
Latest reply

Yeah I have the same issue the fees are just too much to get anything out of what you’re selling

Message 47 of 47
Latest reply