easter free listings.

utebns
Community Member
Anyone found the goodies yet?? Ive been frantically serching!!
C'mon ebay! Give us an easter deal!
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

easter free listings.

@utebns wrote:
Anyone found the goodies yet?? Ive been frantically serching!!
C'mon ebay! Give us an easter deal!

I searched yesterday and couldn't find any. I haven't done so yet this morning as my lambies have been a bit demanding (they keep jumping all over the keyboard!). It's looking like we won't get them as normally they come out Tues or Wed to start on Thurs. They have also been coming out monthly the last few times, and this weekend would be 4 weeks since the last. 

I try not to hang out for them, because they could stop them at any time, but I was really sure they would come out this weekend! Keep an eye out here, someone ALWAYS posts a link when they become available.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

Ebay has a glut of listings at moment. Not sure they need them. searching my brand catagories returns double the results it did not that long ago.

It also means if you are halfway down search returns and they get double the listings you go from say page 10 out of 20, to 20 out of 40, maybe worse if new listings get a boost. (A bit of an extreme example but you get the idea)

I have a feeling they are also pushing auctions and quick turn around listings rather than padding store BINs.

A few free auctions for store owners would be good though

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

Anonymous
Not applicable
us store holders havent had a free promotion in about 10 weeks
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

it seriously frustrates me when people title this sort of thread without a question mark

I too have been on the edge of my seat waiting and hoping for some generosity from ebay but alas I am offered false hope with threads like this one

THE QUESTION MARK MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE

thank you for getting me all excited only to have my bubble burst

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

From a non-store perspective...

To me, extra free listings = $0 insertion fees, it has nothing to do with the amount of items which show up under your name. If 36 of my items don't sell in a month, three free relistings included, then I am a sitting suck unless I want to start eating $1.50 + 12% or so for my games, many of which are between $2 and $5. An extra 100 would come in very handy for me. eBay Stores on the other hand get 200 free listings per month (at the cost of $50) and discounted insertion fees, however if I can't sell 40, I don't see how paying $50 and having 100 or so items sitting around for months on end will make a difference - most likely I will just end up selling about 10 instead if I'm lucky. Yes, apparently there's a $20 store option now, I never noticed that before; same story though, it's only worth having a store if your items are constantly moving.

With the initial 40, the only luck involved about it is that it isn't a stingy 20 which eBay UK gives out (but then again, like just about every other eBay site, their insertion fees are about half the price of ours, at 35p), and that they haven't discontinued free listings entirely.

Also, W. T. F., eBay - PDF documents in the help section? Way to turn back to clock to 1993 morons, no-one wants to print things in 2015. HTML is a web standard for a reason.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

Pity there was not an offer. Unless there is an offer tonight I will not be on my computer over easter, but since it is Thursday maybe a weekend only offer or maybe even none  

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

A weekend-only offer, just to coincide with Australia Post remaining closed for the next umpteen days. LOL!!!!.
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

I very much doubt that store holders will get free listings anymore!

I believe ebay are doing blackouts now in Australia on small and medium sellers, so there is less congestion for  the  Chinese sellers and big brands on ebay site, so why would they offer 1000-10 000 free listings?

Very Sad ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

easter free listings.

saarzi
Community Member
I agree. I think that free listings will become a thing of the past fairly soon - it just makes sense with where Ebay is obviously heading.

I wonder though, what exactly defines small, medium, and large sellers on Ebay, in Ebays eyes?
Id love to have that little peice of knowledge!
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply