feedback for unpaid items

Just wondering if anyone leaves feedback on buyers who don't pay and you get no communication from?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: feedback for unpaid items

Oh indeed yes, the hair hath now been splitteth.  We can all sleep soundly now

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

In the end, it only gives them a green dot.

Given a lot of buyers don't read seller's feedback, why would you expect sellers would read a buyer's feedback. Especially as last second bidders on auctions or BIN buyers don't allow the seller the 'luxury' of vetting them

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

Oh indeed yes, the hair hath now been splitteth.  We can all sleep soundly now

I will because I've just taken a sleeping tablet and Mr Tippy doesn't snore any more. Double bonus! 😄

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Fantastic...will do this too! Will the feedback get removed in the followup?

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@sydneybristowwine wrote:

Fantastic...will do this too! Will the feedback get removed in the followup?

Often both are removed and the buyer gets to keep the green dot for their efforts. You comments disappear, a green dot remains. Buyer wins.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Would love to know the basis of your comment Tippy... "often"?  Seriously?

Yes, negative comments for positive feedback are removable, but follow-up comments are well within ebay policy.

I've never had one removed in four years and I reckon buyers would have a hard slog arguing a basis for removal if the feedback doesn't contravene in another way (abusive etc).

Also - to answer others' concerns about giving undeserved green dots.... I think buyer feedback is pretty meaningless anyway since it's all positive, just a count of their purchases really.  At least this way it's a bit useful.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I understand where you're coming from, but as mainly a buyer myself these days, I can tell you that what would upset me the most would  be to find myself blocked from bidding when I wanted to.

So... if I  didn't pay for an item and someone gave me an unpaid item strike. Maybe it wouldn't cramp my style at all if I only got one strike, but if I made a habit of it (and some bidders seem to) then I would find myself locked out of buying from some sellers.

No one would need to have seen my feedback either for that to happen. It would just be based on my previous record of unpaid item strikes.

On the other hand, if I were the type who brazenly bid and didn't pay on a regular basis, I probably would not mind if you added to my green dots. If you said anything too nasty I could get it removed anyway. I probably would not like it if follow up comments shone a light on my conduct, but the point is, it wouldn't cramp my style.

So if I were a seller & I added follow up comments to warn other sellers, I would also issue unpaid item strikes.

Hit them where it hurts.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply