has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 141 of 187
Latest reply

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

MM-hmm.

I have certainly heard that too many elections can result from the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Message 142 of 187
Latest reply

Perhaps more frequent than what you're used to, but a good opportunity to show support for your local member.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 143 of 187
Latest reply

original.gif

.................slr, countess and tazzie, my keyboard is now beyond repair.................sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 144 of 187
Latest reply

@padi

you using two hands again?

Message 145 of 187
Latest reply

*sigh*.....Down hill all the way now.

Message 146 of 187
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@padi

you using two hands again?

Both hands are always in use with the ducks, dogs and paccies around slr.................original.gif

Uphill is best lyndal, more traction.......................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 147 of 187
Latest reply

I am a small eBay Plus member, main sales are new books offering free express post. Start of year sales around 5 - 10 books ($100-$200) a week. Now, October 2019, no sales whatsoever in 2 weeks and it looks to me like a recession looming. Also, Vic. buyers are pikers, because 80% of all my sales come from WA, Qld and NSW.

With the devaluation of the Australian dollar (around 68 US dollars), I would love to sell international, but Australia Post international rates go by weight and cruel it. For example a 600 gram parcel, the cheapest economy air shipping rate is AU$32.70?

Message 148 of 187
Latest reply

Just my thoughts...perhaps buyers are now reading full descriptions & T & C's.

Perhaps they may be turned off by an offer to buy positive feedback...sure would have me reaching for the back button.

Perhaps supplying information for Christmas postage for 2018 may indicate to some that the seller does not update their listings... another turn off for me.

How do you block buyers with zero feedback when they BIN?

Message 149 of 187
Latest reply

@books_unlimited_kk43 wrote:

I am a small eBay Plus member, main sales are new books offering free express post. Start of year sales around 5 - 10 books ($100-$200) a week. Now, October 2019, no sales whatsoever in 2 weeks and it looks to me like a recession looming. Also, Vic. buyers are pikers, because 80% of all my sales come from WA, Qld and NSW.

With the devaluation of the Australian dollar (around 68 US dollars), I would love to sell international, but Australia Post international rates go by weight and cruel it. For example a 600 gram parcel, the cheapest economy air shipping rate is AU$32.70?

One definition of piker (Cambridge English Dictionary) is a person who avoids getting into difficult or dangerous situations, so maybe Victorians are simply wise enough to know that it's risky to buy from anyone who's desperate enough to offer a bribe to leave feedback.  Perhaps Victorians are also smart enough to know they can often find new books much cheaper on other websites, as I did recently.  I checked who sold the book on Amazon and then I googled those sellers' websites and saved heaps.

Duplicate listings for the exact same item could have a negative impact on visibility and sales.

Message 150 of 187
Latest reply