has anyone else had no sales for the past 9 days ?

In the past year my sales have not been as good, like a lot of sellers, i believe.

For the past 9 days I have had no sales at all a first.

Is it just me or have the lights been turned off again ?

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: has anyone else had no sales for the past 9 days ?

It is now about 20 days and one sale thank you all sellers that have replied it does help to know I am not the only person with this problem.XX

Message 31 of 74
Latest reply

Trusty keily23, did you have OK sales before these last 20 days? - like a sudden drop. And do you see that drop reflected in Sellers Hub's graph showing impressions?

Message 32 of 74
Latest reply

Sales stalled after shifting to the new sellers hub. I have now reverted back to the old seller hub and within 12 hours sales statred comming through. That was last Friday.  Now had 9 sales over the weekend plus a few on Friday. Still not back to where they were but getting there.    Makes you wonder...     Is it a coincedence...

Message 33 of 74
Latest reply

Only a single sale today. Unheard of for this time of year. So totally demoralizing. Our quiet months are normally Feb - Mar. If it's this quiet now I dread to think what it's gonna be like then. It just will not be worth continuing on here. It will not even be worth paying the basic store fees. We will have to pack it in and close down I'm afraid.
Message 34 of 74
Latest reply

Devestated to hear that clarry100. I realise you put a lot of time and effort into trying to make it work. Have you got something else to go on with ?

Message 35 of 74
Latest reply

Clarry100 Did you get a sudden drop off in sales (Now about 20 days ago- not 9!)- like many of us. Which seemed to coincide with the introduction of the new "seller hub". All of a sudden those graphs were saying our impressions were down about 40% .THAT IS NOT NORMAL! Something must have caused it like the intro of seller hub. You would think by now Ebay's commision would have gone way down &they would be looking into why there was so sudden a switch off. It must be to do with the visibility of our items. So I'm not convinced that as suddenly as sales stopped - sales wont start again... if Ebay fixes it!! I think we should all individually email them to look at why our "impressions" nose-dived like this!

Message 36 of 74
Latest reply

So far, seller hub has only emerged on 2 of my 3 accounts. My biggest account is still the old format. On my newest account, which has only just achieved a yellow star, it's saying impressions of 10,072 and up 87.1%. The other account is a negative number, which I can't remember what it is and nowhere near the impressions.

I haven't decided yet if I'll opt out, but I'm leaning towards it. For me, it is not really of any benefit. Either buyers are going to buy or they're not. Seeing graphs and numbers isn't going to change it. I can see why it might be beneficial for larger businesses and those where this is their sole source of income.

Message 37 of 74
Latest reply

absolutley WOEFUL sales..compared to 2 years ago sales have halved to almost 3/4% ..it's a nightmare..lights no lights..sellers hub..search optimisation..all smoke and mirrors..bottom line..like most... sales are down big league....ebay is not like it used to be..the fun has gone..

Message 38 of 74
Latest reply

Yes Chameloen we do have a different venture starting up. My wife will be in China for the next 2-months getting it all under way.

If that works how we hope it will then that will be the end of us trading on here, just not worth the effort at the sales levels we are seeing now. No we are not becoming one of the Chinese sellers too!!

It was not a sudden dropoff and ew are not using the new seller hub. Usually we are slow during the first half of the year but this year was much slower than past averages. Come Sept-Oct tho it normally picks up and October-November is normally our biggest month of the year. We averaged 35+ packages per day last October. This year we are lucky if we send out 6 per day in October. And going into November has dropped even more. So not a good Xmas here at all.

We have more listings up than we had this time last year too.

We are feeling very despondent and cannot see us continuing thru next year at this rate.

Our listing visibility has fallen victim to the Chinese sellers who are most prevalent in our category of baby headbands and wearable accessories. Last year we always had a couple of listings show up on the first page of search results. At the moment we are always outside the top 100 or worse. 99.9% above us are Chinese sellers. It really is the death of us. And its so very bad for our national economy too as money spent this way leaves our shores permanently. We can tell by feedback rates that our major AU based competitors in this same industry are also well down on sales. I wonder how long they will last.

I approached my local federal members (both major parties) about this problem of the Chinese sellers and got very little interest in our plight.

So at the moment I can't see any other way ahead than to simply shut up shop and leave it for the Chinese. And good luck to the buyers who have supported them over us as a good quality seller with super fast postage and quality customer service. But it would appear that buyers just look for lowest price and don't care about the other things that go with it. But once they have been bitten then we will no longer be there for them to call on. It seems to me from what I read on here and elsewhere that this kind of thing is becoming a trend. Not too far off ebay.AU will just be a large dumping ground of Chinese sellers offloading cheap rubbish with no customer service at all.

Message 39 of 74
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

So far, seller hub has only emerged on 2 of my 3 accounts. My biggest account is still the old format. On my newest account, which has only just achieved a yellow star, it's saying impressions of 10,072 and up 87.1%. The other account is a negative number, which I can't remember what it is and nowhere near the impressions.

I haven't decided yet if I'll opt out, but I'm leaning towards it. For me, it is not really of any benefit. Either buyers are going to buy or they're not. Seeing graphs and numbers isn't going to change it. I can see why it might be beneficial for larger businesses and those where this is their sole source of income.

I totally agree.  I know it might make a difference for some sellers but I can't see how it'd make any difference for me.  I haven't been offered the new seller hub on any ID and don't particularly want it, just as I don't want a new store format.  I'm all for the simple life!  I can't help analysing every other thing so I really don't want a heap of stats to waste my time on as well.

My sales have been pretty normal all year, except for a couple of weeks in mid October when I had a break from selling.  My items are definitely not 'necessities', though the people who buy them would probably laugh at that and say they are to them.

Message 40 of 74
Latest reply