has anyone else had no sales for the past 9 days ?

In the past year my sales have not been as good, like a lot of sellers, i believe.

For the past 9 days I have had no sales at all a first.

Is it just me or have the lights been turned off again ?

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

I've had periods of up to 5 days with no sales which is pretty stressful, but not as long as 9 days.

According to my Seller Hub statistics, I'm down 40% from this time last year and I'm sure that many sellers are the same.

Message 2 of 74
Latest reply

My sales are substantially down with days in between with no sales. Have no idea whats going on.

Message 3 of 74
Latest reply

I've had no sales for the last month or so. late Sept - Oct & now Nov on ebay! A total disincentive to list new items! On the plus side no fees! On the downside a lean Xmas as I sell only to fund my purchases! (I predict an Xmas full of cheap Chinese junk - If it arrives! - As that's what I will be reduced to being able to afford!)

My daughter sold nothing at all in July - Aug - Sept, but 4 in Oct - Pop culture items from USA. They usually sell well all year, so why the drought?

I'm glad to know that all the featured big stores with their multi negs like Target; Zanui & etc are doing OK.

I can't help but think that my time on ebay as a seller is coming to an end.

Message 4 of 74
Latest reply

This time of year we are normally sending out close to 30 packages per day. This year we are lucky to be sending 5. Some days with no orders at all. We have more listings up than last year too.

We also have no idea what is going on but we are now seriously trying to sell more on other venues. Barely worth paying our store fees now.

It really does look like the days of the small seller are over on ebay.

Time to move on to other things and places.

Message 5 of 74
Latest reply

Add me to the list. I had a sale last Sunday, nothing since. That was the first sale in about a week.

I don't have as many views either.

Just wish I knew what was going on.

Even the B&M stores where I live seem to be quiet.

I hope everyone is saving their money, then will let loose on a huge spending spree before Christmas!

Message 6 of 74
Latest reply

YES - Exactly the same! NOTHING for about 9-10 days. Something has happened as I was chugging along nicely with sales the last 6 weeks (compared to earlier in year) then NOTHING. This is not normal, for it to stop so suddenly!

Message 7 of 74
Latest reply

I first knew my lights were off & on well over a year ago now when I searched for my own item on my daughter's account. It was half an hour out from auction end; worldwide listing; A rare as new Danish retro silver brooch by a well known deceased maker & mine didn't show (only a lesser quality item from England) Since that day I've lost my faith in ebay!

It took 3 relists for a rare & designer item of silverware to sell! 1 bid only; When it should have been highly contested. Gone are the days when I was looking to ebay to help me fund my retirement. In all honesty I've sold more in the last 3 months on QS than on ebay!

Message 8 of 74
Latest reply

I've heard one theory that while interest rates are low people are cramming every spare cent off their home loans to get the balance down.

This, of course, leaves little spare cash to spend on other stuff unless its a necessity of life.

Message 9 of 74
Latest reply

As usual, year on year my sales are at or slightly better than last.

I had no sales last weekend, but I had 2 week's worth the previous week. eBay seem to know how to keep me 'onside' and I sell very little elsewhere. Not for want of listing.

Message 10 of 74
Latest reply