is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

Yep was here to ask same question 3 sales in 3 days instead of 100 lol WOW thought something had died on ebay......

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

Yep. I knew things would be slow for me during Christmas but this is just dead. I packaged 4 items this morning. Usually I would be posting 15-20 today.

Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

Yes we have just finished packing 16 which is for the whole weekend.

Normally on a Sunday we would mail out 40 or so for the weekend sales.

Last weekend was OK. Just since about Wed this week it dropped off suddenly.

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

vnail
Community Member

Same story here, usually i'm busy packing all weekend this time of year. I think I have only sold 3 for the whole weekend (unheard of) I have more listed than last year but sold about the same for the year, dissapointing.

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

6 to 12 months ago I could have considered running a viable business on ebay

unfortunately that is no longer the case ... fine for part time or even a hobby but a full time business I am not so sure anymore

I think ebay is also a contributing factor to the downturn in sales for the past several months

hopefully for everyone things do pick up

Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

I had the same experience last Sunday - around 11.00/12.00.  The ease of doing my shopping was weird for this time of year.

Personally I think that the money is just not there for people to spend - online or the B&M's.

And remember, last November/December (and through a fair bit of January), eBay was offering 100/150 free listings nearly every week.  This year e$crooge has seen fit to hand out one - not much Christmas spirit from the landlord.

Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

The terms "Christmas spirit" and "eBay" are mutually exclusive and should never be used in the same sentence as each other. I'm really starting to resent every hard-earned penny that I hand over to eBay each month for my selling fees, and in particular their disgustingly greedy 10% cash grab on postage costs, which as far as I'm concerned is the straw that broke the camels back.

Just when you finally think that eBay couldn't possibly find any further ways of making any more money from their sellers, they amazingly and unbelievably decide to extort yet another 10% from their long-suffering sellers by adding FVF to the postage component of sales as well. Is there no end to eBay's complete and utter deviousness and unquenchable greed?
Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

I had a big week 2 weeks ago on both my accounts. Now it's only one or 2 items. Very slow. I think people are reluctant to by now in case they don't receive before Xmas.

Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to everyone! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

Totally agree cq. It's funny how they tell us we cannot charge extra for those using Paypal, but they can charge fees for a service they do not even provide. It's blatant robbery!
Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

The sheer hypocrisy that eBay constantly displays makes me sick to my stomach and it actually embarrasses me that I've been forced to become a part of it. In fact, it's the main reason that I absolutely refuse to list my items with "free postage", just as I also refuse to pass on the 10% FVF on postage to my buyers. Apart from allowing me to sleep at night, it's also my own private little way of giving the well-deserved finger to the low-down thieving ba$tards at eBay.
Message 20 of 46
Latest reply