is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

@digital*ghost wrote:

@aps1080 wrote:
Digital

What do you sell ?

Well done btw.

Cheers 🙂 

I sell handcrafted jewellery and craft supplies, and a lot of both are relatively niche on eBay (at least for the time being 😄 ). 

Do you sell dyed wool rovings? I have bags and bags and bags of white fleece (10 full fleeces from my sheep) buy have had no luck dyeing for needle felting. I figured creating in the white and then adding a layer of colour over the top would work (which it does), but none of the shops around here have what I want.

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

Sorry, no - metal (almost) all the way for me. 

etsy might turn up something, though, in case you haven't had a look there already, as I know there are lots of felters there and craft supplies are fairly plentiful, too (though sometimes shipping can be steep). 

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks 🙂

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

Had to go out today, and decided my short cut to Bunnings was through the Westfield Narre Warren little in/out roads.  Could not believe my eyes.  Not only wouldn't there have been a park in Westfield's carpark, they were even parked on the road reserves.  Cars and people everywhere.  Definitely quadruple the amount of cars and people pre Christmas.

And I guess if they were spending their money on Boxing Day specials, they wouldn't be bothering to jump onto eBay.  

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the New Year as far as eBay sales are concerned.

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Had to go out today, and decided my short cut to Bunnings was through the Westfield Narre Warren little in/out roads.  Could not believe my eyes.  Not only wouldn't there have been a park in Westfield's carpark, they were even parked on the road reserves.  Cars and people everywhere.  Definitely quadruple the amount of cars and people pre Christmas.

And I guess if they were spending their money on Boxing Day specials, they wouldn't be bothering to jump onto eBay.  

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the New Year as far as eBay sales are concerned.

We did the same thing. Took the kids to the city in the farm ute. Daughter purchased a new bed and matress for less than half price and son purchased a heap of car stereo equipment for an old VW Kombi van he is doing up for when he gets his licence in 12 months time. Both shops where doing crazy business with all assistants running. The exact opposite to pre christmas. We had our items picked out a week ago and waited for the boxing day sales to purchase. ( around $1000 total cost and saved $700 off pre Christmas prices ie. was $1700 a week ago ). It seems everyone else had the same idea. Buyers have got so used to sales that unless an item is heavily discounted they are happy to wait for the sales before purchasing.

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

I had to share, Myer ususally runs January sales, and when I was in there late Feb, everything was and is still on sale.  I picked up a brand new Estelle dress that just hit the racks for 30% off the retail price.  The sales assistant said Myer have extended the sales. So people things might not be as great as we think they are out there in retail land.  

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply