is ebay still running? no sales in 36 hrs at this time of the year?

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I've had some cheeky ba$tard emailing me all day yesterday trying to get me to deliver an item to him today (Xmas day, FGS!) and he's ever so kindly even offered to pay $5 over the listed cost if I do so. Sure, he might only live a 15-minute drive from my place, but some people clearly have no conscience or common courtesy.

Trouble is, it's been so quiet for the last couple of weeks (only made 4 sales in that time compared with 18 the previous fortnight) that I actually found myself considering his outrageous demand. I'm not going anywhere, nor do I have anything planned for today, but the cheek of the fellow has absolutely astounded me.

One thing's for sure though. If I don't accede to his demands, I sure as hell better block him in case he retaliates at a later date.

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

He could be from overseas, from a country that doesn't celebrate Christmas, but even so, most people who fall into that category respect the fact that majority of people in Australia DO celebrate Christmas is one form or another. My guess is he's had an oh carp moment and realised he forgot someone's present, so is hoping you'd come to the party and bail him out. 

People have to realise that even though eBay runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even the full time sellers are entitled to have one day off a year. If they don't like it, TOUGH.

I guess you could always reply with something like "Sure, I'll deliver, but being a national public holiday today, I charge $100/hr for my time, which includes public holiday rates, plus fuel costs of $10 per KM. If that suits, I'll be there in an hour".

Definitely add to your BBL.

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

No, he's definitely an Aussie, just an ignorant and selfish one and quite young as well, judging by his obvious sense of entitlement. I ended up completely ignoring him and adding his name to my BBL. If I was doing this for the money I might have reacted differently but as I'm not, I decided he can go to buggery while I sat at home and consumed several bourbons instead. Smiley LOL
Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Ahhh yes, the young ones. Expect you to jump when they snap their fingers and then have a hissy fit when they hear the word NO. We had a couple of young brats at work who'd never heard the word no, so I would relish in telling them no as much as I could. The resulting tantrum was priceless!

Good call ignoring the pratt, not to mention adding him to the list.

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

We ended up going a full 72-hours (plus some) without a single sale on this ID.

Then out of the blue last night (Xmas day) we had a single sale.

Since we opened this selling ID some 3-years or so ago we have never gone more than 24-hours without a sale.

And our other store ID has only had 5x sales in this same period.

For the past couple of months we have gotten used to mailing out 25-30 packages per day. So to suddenly drop like this is quite a shock to us. Makes us a bit worried where we will get our dry bread & dripping from soon.

We have put everything on a 10% sale now until the new year so will see if that boosts anything.

But I suspect the buyers have gone into hiding so all the sales under the sun will not do anything.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

Believe me, I feel your pain Clarry. I've only had 3 sales in the past 2 weeks, and then last night I relisted 15 items which had ended, only to find that I'd run out of free listings and had been charged $1.50 for each one! Fortunately eBay must have developed a bit of Xmas spirit as when I rand them a short time ago, they very kindly credited my account the $22.50 in listing fees, provided that I ended them immediately.

Then while I was still feeling all fuzzy and grateful to eBay for their kindness in recovering my $22.50, the CSO jumped in and said that we only do this once, so the next time, you're stuck with it! Good old eBay; had to have the last word after all.
Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

I ended up with five sales Christmas day and a couple today, so very slow. I expect a lot of people would be hitting the B & M stores in the next few days for post chrismas sales. This will take care of any cash still left after christmas and with new year & holidays still to come it could be lean for awhile. Having said that, January the last couple of years have been good to me as I list items suitable for people on annual leave at this time of year. I have a stash of these items saved up through the year, so will list them early next year and cross my fingers.

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

23 sales in the last 24 hours for me - 18 were to one buyer, though, and one was cancelled due to someone's daughter not realising 'Buy It Now' doesn't just add items to a wishlist...... But surprisingly ok all told, better than I was expecting, anyway. 

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Digital

What do you sell ?

Well done btw.

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:
Digital

What do you sell ?

Well done btw.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I sell handcrafted jewellery and craft supplies, and a lot of both are relatively niche on eBay (at least for the time being ๐Ÿ˜„ ). 

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply