looking for oversea ebay seller to sell my product

Hello

I am wanting to find sellers on other international ebay sites eg UK, Germany, USA to sell my products. 

Can someoneplease tell me how I go about looking for distributors as such in other countries/ebay sites?

Do I post an ad on the community board to ask for inquiry?  Are there things that I should be aware of and what to be aware of as far as cons/fraudulant sellers?

Your advice/help in guiding me is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kim

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: looking for oversea ebay seller to sell my product

@imastawka wrote:

Maybe you should list them as 'suitable for use with Fitbit'    or Garmin or whatever

But you can't call them by the brand name.   That's a no-no

Tippy, I thought   'suitable for use with......'   would be ok?

I don't think you can. I'm using the Pandora bracelets as an example. You can't sell beads and say they fit a Pandora bracelet, or are like Pandora. Maybe that's a bad example because they are in VeRO, but I'm pretty sure you can't with other brands either. I think it falls into the same category as using not. e.g Holden car, not Ford, not Mazda, that kind of thing.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

I have also known many people that lost there fitbit and other activity tracking bands due to the band un-clasping? Please be assured my products are aimed first and fore most at offering security against loss as I am one of those satistics. That was expensive experince too. But thank you for your input.
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

Keyword spamming

Keyword spamming is when people use words or details (such as brands, item condition, model names, pop culture terms, product names, style and type) that have nothing to do with their items so that their listings will show up in search results. Since this clutters eBay and makes buying and selling more difficult, we don't allow keyword spamming (see also brand names).

I think using the term  'suitable for use with....'   would be ok

I don't think it's keyword spamming.
Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Thank you I do appreciate your help here
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Thank you so much for that piece of advice I will get to correcting things tonight.... its going to be a long night lol
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Also in that link I provided is this -

Allowed

• A brand name can be mentioned in a listing, as long as the item is authentically branded with that brand or product name

• A celebrity name can be included in a listing, as long as the celebrity created, officially endorsed, owned or signed the item. You can also mention celebrities if they're depicted in the item for sale, such as on posters or photos.

• For homemade items, be sure to:

• Use the words "made with" to describe a brand-name product that you used in creating your item.
      For example, if you're offering curtains made from Pottery Barn fabric, you can describe them as "homemade curtains made with Pottery Barn fabric".

• Use the words "made for" or "fits" to describe how your item is used for a brand-name product.
      For example, if you are selling homemade clothes for Barbie dolls, you can describe them as "clothes made for Barbie dolls".

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Who would know for sure reading their policies! In the allowed it says as you highlighted, if you use compatible with or fits, but then in the not allowed it says you can't! Either way, I'd still be changing the Brand in the item specifics to their own brand rather than fitbit or Garmin.

Garmin is actually a VeRO, so the OP should be careful with them, because if Garmin does a sweep, they could end up in strife.

http://vero.ebay.com/vero/Garmin.

I do know that I had a listing a few years back because I mentioned the brand it fitted in the title and the description. I'd written that it fits the brand name and eBay removed it and threatened me with a policy violation. Not bad for a $2 item!

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Maybe the term to be taken notice of is  'home-made'

Maybe that makes a difference - dunno

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Thank you again. So glad I came here and found all of this out.
Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

We have listed and sold generic products made to fit brandname products and never had a problem, as one has to mention the brand name the product fits in the tiltle otherwise how would buyer find the generic product that fits thier brand name product ?

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply