my buyer claims he bidded the incorrectly

My buyer bidded and purchased the item now he is claiming that he doesnt wish the buy the item

this is a $9000 car and I will be charged fee for selling the car.

what are the steps to follow to 

report to ebay so Im not charged the selling fee and to relist the item

I want ebay to know about this as I feel its wrong that people can do this to sellers

I feel its unfair. and should be marked for refusing to buy items.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: my buyer claims he bidded the incorrectly

Yep.  Only in Motor Vehicles

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

cars, boats, caravans, and real estate used to have the option for a reserve.
Is it only cars now?

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

This is what it says  - no real estate mentioned,

but, yes motor cycles and boats as well- sorry

From here - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/reserve.html

Selling with a reserve price
Note: On eBay.com.au, the reserve price option is only available for vehicles listed in the Cars, Motorcycles and Boats categories on eBay Motors.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

if i cancel order will I loose my fee credit 

I worried if I click on this I will be setting myself up for lose of money (fee credit) as I have never had to do this before. the buyer told me that he put in the wrong amount and will not pay. I asked him to cancel the order and he said no I have to do it. 

I do not sell on here that much so im not knowledgable about how all things work. but why should I be out of pocket for someone mistakes. please help if you can. 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Yes you have to put in a cancel request and make sure you tick the buyer wants to cancel box,then the buyer needs to agree to it,once the buyer agrees you will then receive your fees back

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Good grief - you should have already done what Clarry told you to do in post #2

If you do what he has suggested, you will not lose your fees.

Do not send a cancel request!

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

I sell the occasional classic car or motor bike on ebay and find at least 50-60% of sales turn out as you describe, ie. non payment for various reasons. I always follow Clarry's procedure and never have any problems getting my fees back. If you lodge an unpaid item dispute the buyer gets a strike and this helps to weed out these pests. If you follow joethenuts suggestion you can close the cancellation request after a set period if the buyer does not respond. The buyer does not get a strike this way and can go on bidding and not paying until the cows come home.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

i have logged an unpaid claim and still waiting this way more than 4 days ago. 

I want this guy stopped from doing this to someone else as I feel he is just wasting peoples time and money he needs to have strike on his name. 

I wouldnt want others to go through this BS 

just waiting on ebay to get back to me. they are still waiting on the buyers responce. 

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

If you opened an unpaid item dispute more than 4 days ago you should have closed it by now and the buyer will get a strike.

You don't wait for ebay to do it for you.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

i think this means your reserve was too high, the next bid shows the car only reached 2/3 of the way to your reserve price.

It's a pity, but buyers often expect ebay to supply 'stuff' for almost nothing.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply