now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

I didn't clarify in my post - I have done so in my answer to Clarry.

Pensioner stamps, but charged me $2 postage.

And I get your point re concessions. But they're not asking me to pay their

elec/gas.   They're asking me to pay more than I should in postage and then

bunging on a pensioner stamp.

Still doesn't sit right

Message 11 of 279
Latest reply

A succinct message in feedback would probably stop the practice quicker than anything else. They've only saved 10c by using a concession stamp so they're only ripping you off for 10c more than if they'd used a normal stamp. This will be different if/when postage on letters soars.

They're not pensioner stamps - a lot of people who are entitled to them aren't on any sort of benefit or concession. I know, just a technicality.
Message 12 of 279
Latest reply

Lol, puts a whole new slant on "Free Post" doesn't it  !  Who said there was no such thing Smiley LOL

I actually don't have a problem with pensioners using their entitlements to make a few extra bucks, but using someone else's Postage Paid envelope, well that's quite different & unethical in my book.

JMO

Message 13 of 279
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:
A succinct message in feedback would probably stop the practice quicker than anything else. They've only saved 10c by using a concession stamp so they're only ripping you off for 10c more than if they'd used a normal stamp. This will be different if/when postage on letters soars.

They're not pensioner stamps - a lot of people who are entitled to them aren't on any sort of benefit or concession. I know, just a technicality.

Did ya miss the bit where I said they charged me $2 postage?

And they are pensioner stamps.   You have to show your pensioner card

and open an account with it.   Can't get 'em without the pensioner card.

I know because I've got them

Message 14 of 279
Latest reply

No, I didn't miss the bit where you said they charged you $2 but used a stamp that cost them 60c. They only saved 10c by using a concession stamp. The rest was just a rip-off, or a handling fee. If they claimed to only charge you actual cost then they've ripped you off to the tune of $1.40, only 10c more than if they used a normal stamp. Apart from the 10c difference between normal stamps and concession stamps, it's no different to all the other sellers who charge more than actual cost. It's not like they would have had to pay $2 for postage if they'd bought normal stamps but it only cost 60c by using a concession stamp.

I repeat, you DON'T need a pensioner card to get the stamps. From AP's website:

The following Australian Federal Government concession cards are accepted as proof of eligibility for a MyPost Concession Account:
•Pensioner Concession Card
•Health Care Card (all types)
•Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
•Department of Veterans' Affairs Card
•Veterans' Repatriation Health Card

People on a low income can claim a health care card without receiving ANY payments from Centrelink!

I know because I've got one!  (And no, I don't use the stamps for ebay sales.)

Message 15 of 279
Latest reply

to mb   also whats the odds in my pile of letters today I got my real water bill from south east water lol.

Message 16 of 279
Latest reply

ROFLMAO-1.gif

Message 17 of 279
Latest reply

to asporty sorry what part of my post is this seller not stealing ,

Message 18 of 279
Latest reply

Definitely stealing if the seller is reusing Sydney water's prepaid box, or using concessions stamps.

Message 19 of 279
Latest reply

I'm not asporty but it's blatant stealing and I'd be thinking about reporting them to someone rather than marking their stars down. They fulfilled their contract with you if it had free postage in the listing, but they're stealing from whoever paid for the postage.

Edit:  some places will pursue anyone who steals from them as a matter of principle, but even if they don't, the person who used this envelope could be an employee of Sydney Water who does this on a large scale, in which case I'm sure their employer would like to know.

Message 20 of 279
Latest reply