now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

I think most of us will try to rid ebay of shonky sellers if they are brought to our attention but I for one don't go out of my way to look for them.

I honestly don't know what feedback to leave for this seller because I did get very good value for money, but I don't want to encourage him in his dodgy practices

Message 271 of 279
Latest reply

I don't know whether to neg him or not either Lyndal. As you say, the items were good value and as described, but we shouldn't overlook the mail fraud he's perpetrating in getting said items to us. Also, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but despite having received a number of feedbacks himself, he's never actually left any for anybody else.
Message 272 of 279
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
I don't know whether to neg him or not eitherLyndal. As you say, the items were good value and as described, but we shouldn't overlook the mail fraud he's perpetrating in getting said items to us. Also, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but despite having received a number offeedbacks himself, he's never actually left any for anybody else.

I may not be reading it correctly, but it appears to me he leaves Feedback in bulk.  He left a lot around 6 months ago, so will maybe leave this current months in bulk ?  I would hate to be in your shoes (ie all of you who have ordered), because overall he has received good feedback & as stated, you did get good value items and they were what you ordered (except lyndals pens by memory) - perhaps don't leave any ?  Or leave positive but with a twist in the comment regarding 'Free Post'

Message 273 of 279
Latest reply

Also, please keep in mind everyone, that this is a "eBay members" forum ........ meaning ANYONE on eBay can view this entire thread. For example the early posts on this thread have up to 1500 views, the latest ones have 50. Sure perhaps a lot of people don't know about these discussion boards, but obviously many do, so please keep that in mind during thread discussions.
Message 274 of 279
Latest reply

There is nothing in this thread that denigrates the seller EXCEPT for his shonky postage method.  I am more than happy with the items I have received...the quality is far better than I would have expected for the price.

And I can assure you that some of us know a lot more than we have posted here....and it will remain that way as far as I am concerned.

MB, I can see your point that maybe the seller does not realise that he is breaking the law, although I think it is doubtful.   I am not about to contact him but if he can convince AP of the fact he will probably get away with it if he pays what he owes.

Message 275 of 279
Latest reply

Just reading through a couple of the listings.

Descriptions seem to be in chinglish?

Message 276 of 279
Latest reply

Correct Stawks.

Message 277 of 279
Latest reply

It appears there are more sellers out there using the  'postage paid'  trick

This thread was resurrected - it has the same M.O.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/How-do-sellers-ship-for-so-cheap-in-Australia/m-p/1747419#U1...

Soooo,  how many sellers are getting away with it?

Message 278 of 279
Latest reply

Here is a screen shot of another sellers feedback

(I had to edit the screen shot so it did not name the seller)

Screenshot_2015-06-05-22-45-24_1.jpg

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 279 of 279
Latest reply