now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I am amazed so much time has been devoted to this topic, is it really one of the important matters of the eBay world? (or are we just starved for conversation in the forums these days, lol)

It is quite simple, if this is a prepaid envelope like the ones you can buy over the counter with a printed stamp image on it, but with Sydney Water's details printed on it, (many businesses buy these in bulk and personalise them to use as return address envelopes because it can work out cheaper than using a reply paid account), then the postage has been paid for, but not yet used, and there is nothing  (legally or morally)  to stop you using it (although it would be better to cover all reference to Sydney Water and replace it with your own).

On the other hand, if it is simply a postage paid stamp, then no postage has in fact been paid.  Postage paid stamps only work in conjunction with an Auspost business account, you have to hand the mail over the counter with your posting summary which bears your account number and the cost are charged to your account.  You cannot post them in red boxes, they will simply be returned to the sender's address or go to the dead letter office if there is none.  You would be really lucky to get one through as Auspost are fairly strict about these.

Penny, I find your post rather offensive.  Have you actually read the posts of those of us who have received used envelopes from this seller?

I can assure you that my envelope was exactly the same as the one that I receive my quarterly Sydney Water account in.  It had been roughly opened along the top and taped over after my items had been placed inside.

There is NO indication of any further postage being paid and the return address is that of Sydney Water...neither that nor the SW logo has been defaced in any way.

There have been 5 orders placed with this seller by members who have posted on this thread and every one has been delivered in the same manner.....used envelopes with a sticker over the window with our addresses...mine was hand written.

To me, a record of 5 out of 5 iffy postage methods needs investigating.

My envelope, complete with order, has been taken to the city to be shown to the manager of one of the major post offices in Sydney CBD....I am currently awaiting their advice on what to do.

Message 261 of 279
Latest reply

Penny's post suggests to me that she read maybe one or two posts.

Then passed judgement on the rest of us

Message 262 of 279
Latest reply

Yes, stawka, I love it when poster skim the subject matter then get all judgemental on those of us who actually do know what we are talking about.

Message 263 of 279
Latest reply

Please do not "mess" with this seller.

Some of us are seriously trying to stop his antics and a buyer "messing" with him will not be at all helpful.

if you are interested in trying to stop him then go ahead and buy something to add to the evidence against him, but please do not hinder those of us who do want him stopped.

Message 264 of 279
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Please do not "mess" with this seller.

Some of us are seriously trying to stop his antics and a buyer "messing" with him will not be at all helpful.

if you are interested in trying to stop him then go ahead and buy something to add to the evidence against him, but please do not hinder those of us who do want him stopped.

by "messing" with him thats exactly what i man.. buy something and use the evidence against him to help get him stopped

Message 265 of 279
Latest reply

I'm sorry if you were offended lynda, that was not my intention.  I did read most of the posts, but to be honest I was unsure if the envelopes in question were used ones or simply return address envelopes SW sent out for customers to use to send back their payments.  I was not "passing judgement" simply adding to the many opinions posted already and my comment about the longevity of the thread was an attempt at humour which obviously missed it's mark. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 266 of 279
Latest reply

For anyone who is interested, the advice received from the Manager at the Australia Square Post Office is to report the seller to Australia Post.

You may be asked to get a green Complaint Form and possibly send the envelope to them for inspection.

If anyone needs the seller's full name and address they can contact me or CQ who has also accessed them, although I believe he has already sent them to most of the members concerned.

Message 267 of 279
Latest reply

Well done lyndal - are you also reporting to ebay or letting him bring himself undone here ?  Doubt it will take long for him to receive the odd neg or 2 or 3, the only problem with that, these type of sellers usually just set up a new ID & start all over again

Message 268 of 279
Latest reply

I believe I will hold off reporting to ebay until I have an acknowledgement from AP of my complaint.  I think it will lend more weight if ebay knows that Australian authorities are involved.

Message 269 of 279
Latest reply

Yes, well done lyndal - one more question for you. Will you and the rest of the posse be pursueing other miscreants that reside in the snake pits of ebay with the same vigour as you have displayed with this envelope fiddler? IMO all of us buyers need a champion to look out for the sellers that take shortcuts in their dealings with us and I'm looking forward to the next, chase the villian, post. 

Message 270 of 279
Latest reply