now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

@joethenuts wrote:

correct but because of the price they sell goods all there items go out on a used letter, they are all $1.00 with a best buy including postage from sydney.mmmmm.

earth shattering stuff.... not

Message 31 of 279
Latest reply

cat  this is front page of the papers tomorrow stuff,lol

Message 32 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

cat  this is front page of the papers tomorrow stuff,lol

The information you have offered about the envelope you received is scanty at best.

I can only go by the information you posted.

If a gov't owned water company provided a reply paid envelope it would also usually have the postal address printed on the front for return - I believe that is the usual format or protocol

If they did not - too bad, so sad.... not

Mmmmmmmmmmeow

Message 33 of 279
Latest reply

please read the post corectly not a reply self paid envelope[[[[    the original water bill to the custormer , they opened the letter took the bill out and re used the envelope puting my details over the window of the envelope on a sticker, and sent it to me without using a stamp because it states on the right hand corner of the letter [postage paid australia.] and by looking at all there items which is 8 of them ,they will be doing the same for all 8 items ,as they are buy it now or bestoffer $1  including postage .lol

Message 34 of 279
Latest reply

And you get up my goat ! cant see any thing wrong with being charged a mere $2 for postage  when you factor in all the ebay paypal  charges ,stationary  and handling and  by the way they are NOT Pensioner stamps , the are CONCESSION STAMPS

Message 35 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

please read the post corectly not a reply self paid envelope[[[[    the original water bill to the custormer , they opened the letter took the bill out and re used the envelope puting my details over the window of the envelope on a sticker, and sent it to me without using a stamp because it states on the right hand corner of the letter [postage paid australia.] and by looking at all there items which is 8 of them ,they will be doing the same for all 8 items ,as they are buy it now or bestoffer $1  including postage .lol

How do you know the post cost was not charged to a business account when lodged ?

How do you know the post was not paid by sender and the post office simply did not affix a post label or stamps to the envelope ?

Mmmmmmmmmm ???

I must say however my disdain comes from that I simply don't believe your story.  May well be true, but your lack of detail in OP and slow reveal of relevant details throughout thread point don't fill with me confidence, you've pointed the mmmmm finger for less.

Message 36 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Is it a letter or a parcel ??

Mmmmmmmm ???

Message 37 of 279
Latest reply

@masterstroke.eng wrote:

And you get up my goat ! cant see any thing wrong with being charged a mere $2 for postage  when you factor in all the ebay paypal  charges ,stationary  and handling and  by the way they are NOT Pensioner stamps , the are CONCESSION STAMPS

What's with factoring in paypal and ebay charges?   That's not allowed.

You can't lump your fees onto the buyer.  Maybe the 10% on postage.

My bet is, they don't even read their invoices to see they're paying 20c

for postage % to ebay

IMO $2 is excessive  for a piece of paper in an envelope.

Most sellers in my category charge $1 and a lot only charge 80c

It costs less than 1c for an envelope so how much are the handling charges?

Most times for what I buy the extra dollar makes the item not worth it

As englishrosegarden said, a polite note next time will let them know

And yes, I concede on the 'pensioner' stamps.  Concession it is.

Speaking of which - if the postage goes up, do we still get to use

the stamps that only cost 60c?

Message 38 of 279
Latest reply

I will explain it slowly for you even my cats understand it lol.

today I got a letter this letter was a sydney water envelope with on the right hand corner it has [postage paid australia]

on the back its got the sydney water picture with all there **bleep** on it and if not delivered in 7 days return to sydney water po box bla bla .

now on the front of the window a sticker with my details are writen in pen .and in the envelopes were my article I order from a seller in sydney some thin sealable small bags.

so what the sellers did was open the letter addressed to them took out the contents prob a bill and put my goods in the envelope and sticky taped the end of the letter up and posted it whithout putting a stamp on it ,as it says on the corner [postage paid australia;]

now i have checked there other items they sell and they all sell for $1 or best buy including postage , so if anybody else buys from them they will also use a used envelope from  maybe elec or gas company with the words [postage paid australia] 

all I want to know is how can they get away with it.

Message 39 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

I will explain it slowly for you even my cats understand it lol.

today I got a letter this letter was a sydney water envelope with on the right hand corner it has [postage paid australia]

on the back its got the sydney water picture with all there **bleep** on it and if not delivered in 7 days return to sydney water po box bla bla .

now on the front of the window a sticker with my details are writen in pen .and in the envelopes were my article I order from a seller in sydney some thin sealable small bags.

so what the sellers did was open the letter addressed to them took out the contents prob a bill and put my goods in the envelope and sticky taped the end of the letter up and posted it whithout putting a stamp on it ,as it says on the corner [postage paid australia;]

now i have checked there other items they sell and they all sell for $1 or best buy including postage , so if anybody else buys from them they will also use a used envelope from  maybe elec or gas company with the words [postage paid australia] 

all I want to know is how can they get away with it.

If the envelope (or parcel depending on your story) was not post marked (visibly or invisibly) by the machine it was processed through, then there is no real evidence that the envelope ( or parcel depending on your story) has been previously posted.

If it was an occurrence that was regularly undertaken by eBay sellers, I am fairly confident that it would have been posted on the boards many times over the past several years.

However, this is the first time I have ever seen this issue reported, so I am not really thinking that eBay sellers indulge in this practice, save in your experience or imagination.

On the other hand the MBG policy that does not reflect the provisions of OZ legislation is an issue that has been posted by dozens of sellers (AND some buyers too), so I take that to be a REAL and GENUINE issue of concern.

Message 40 of 279
Latest reply