returned package

Hello all,
I have just had a package of 3 items sold returned to me by Australia post. The buyer's address was a kiosk at a shopping Centre. The address/name was written correctly. The note by Australia post stated that no-one known by that name at kiosk.Upon receiving the return to sender package, I asked the seller if they had an alternate address and she has requested that I send the package to the same address again. She has also stated that I must pay for the re posting as it is 'not my fault'. given that the address is a very insecure one (with employees that cannot sign tracked item for buyer) I am unwilling to send it to that place again. Also I am reluctant to pay postage again as they are substantial-she bought a few items and I have done nothing wrong with the first sending. Any advice re how to handle this/ebay policies in this situation? many thanks
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

returned package

firstly, and most importantly, did you send to the address given to you by Paypal?

if yes and it obviously had to be signed for, then if she opens a dispute in paypal for non receipt you can prove that you sent it and it will be up to her to pay you agian to ''resend''

if however you sent to anothr address as she may have asked you to do.... you are not covered by paypals  SEller Protection,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

Hello,
Thank you very much for reply. Yes, item was sent via address listed on buyer's ebay account. By express post tracked service. Is there policy i can direct buyer to, as explanation that she must pay. Also, I can imagine even if she does pay the item will again be sent back if she is not at kiosk to sign for it. Painful!
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

address sent to ebay account address or paypal notice address? sometimes they are different.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

*Same address as on PayPal as well
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

Thanks for reply Harley, yes definitely same addresson both
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

well then you don't have to pay for return postage. However in this situation I would go to australia post and say to them that the parcel was returned and the address on it is correct. normally they will resend for free. However if it happens again after that then too bad.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

Thank you Harley. I just realized that in her last email to me demanding I pay for return of parcel she has told me to amend address slightly (from one listed with paypal/ebay). here is part of her message
"just send back as same address and put shopping (sic) name tailor to clothing alterations"
whilst it is probably helpful, I'm reluctant to alter official address from that listed with paypal/ebay. any more advice gratefully received
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

well that puts a spanner in the works. It's up to her to make sure she has the correct address in paypal not you. She should have to pay for return postage as she instructed you to send it to a wrong address the first time. The problem is if you send it to that address now if anything should happen you will not be covered by paypal if she makes a claim. The trick is trying to get her to pay for postage again without making her narky so you get a neg or anything.
If you refund her payment. And she goes into her paypal account and changes the address then she repays you will be covered. explain to her you are require to send all parcels to the address in paypal to be covered should anything happen. With the cost perhaps suggest you pay half each?
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

returned package

I'd be inclined to alter the address as instructed.  But make sure you keep a copy of all your emails with them, in case there's future problems, Then if you have to contact ebay for help, you have all the relative correspondence.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply