returned package

Hello all,
I have just had a package of 3 items sold returned to me by Australia post. The buyer's address was a kiosk at a shopping Centre. The address/name was written correctly. The note by Australia post stated that no-one known by that name at kiosk.Upon receiving the return to sender package, I asked the seller if they had an alternate address and she has requested that I send the package to the same address again. She has also stated that I must pay for the re posting as it is 'not my fault'. given that the address is a very insecure one (with employees that cannot sign tracked item for buyer) I am unwilling to send it to that place again. Also I am reluctant to pay postage again as they are substantial-she bought a few items and I have done nothing wrong with the first sending. Any advice re how to handle this/ebay policies in this situation? many thanks
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: returned package

I would just mark the additional information on the returned (unopened) parcel as requested;  and give it back to Australia Post to try again.     You do not have to pay any extra postage for this, I am sure.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you. If it did happen to go astray (ie someone else at kiosk picks it up) am I still covered by paypal protection if I have changed address from what us listed. it was sent express not registered so easy for anyone working at kiosk to accept.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I'm not sure you will be covered. Some say you might if you can produce email requesting it being sent to that address But I wouldn't risk it. You stand to lose the parcel (item costs), then have to refund her in full including postage.
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

That was my feeling Harley. reluctant to play around with it. I am thinking i will let her know i will send the item to exact address on PayPal. still haven't quite decided what to do if aust post won't resend for free very reluctant to pay $15 for something that is not my responsibility and has the risk of being returned again!
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I'm going to be in same boat very soon, only difference is my buyer has not responded to me telling them to pick it up, search up "what to do?", digital*ghost gave me great advice.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

how much would it cost to send by regular mail instead of express? Then stick a SOD and fill out the lodgement form, get the PO to stamp it.. Then if she is not there to sign for it, it would be transferred to the nearest PO where she would have to go and pick up
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

oh and don't forget to stick her on your blocked list.....she is too much hard work. sounds like a real pain.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Great advice. thanks everyone. definitely hard work this one and most definitely blocked!
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

If you add the extra information onto the address it won't affect any Paypal claim. As long as you have the original address in full on the label the extra information won't cause any problems with Paypal.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I have had things returned when they have been sent to right address and I just cross out RTS and write this is correct address please deliver,taken them back to AusPost and they wanted me to pay postage so now I just put them in red mailbox and have never had a problem always delivered.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply