.sell for $1 weekends

hi,on sell for weekends $1,does that mean small sales as well,example,I sold a $2 dollar item,would I be charged $1 fee?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: .sell for $1 weekends

Yes

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

@wildhogs91 wrote:

hi,on sell for weekends $1,does that mean small sales as well,example,I sold a $2 dollar item,would I be charged $1 fee?

It always pays to read the terms and conditions of the offer before you accept it.  They vary a bit but the t&c's for the next lot of weekend listings that start tomorrow say this:

Pay a maximum of $1 in Final Value Fees.  They actually charge $1.10 because GST is extra to the $1.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

No.  They only charge UP TO $1 plus GST, it's like a capped amount

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

It depends on the particular promo. I know that last weekend's specifically stated pay $1. Not up to.

I've certainly been hit with $1(.10) for sales that would attract less than that normally.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

NO  if you agree to list and pay $1 fianl fees   they Will charge you $1  + ( GST if applicaple )  so $1.10           even if the item sold for 50c 

it was the agreement you made when accepting the $1 final fee listing

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I just went to list an item using this promotion. The only duration option is Good 'Til Cancelled. 30 days has been removed. As items are automatically re-listed at 30 days this promotion only runs for items sold within 30 days, if your item runs over you end up paying full final value fees. Another sneeky eBay trick, so watch out.

"Good โ€˜Til Cancelled listings created during the Promotion Period will be eligible for the promotion only until the listing automatically re-lists".
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

My invoice begs to differ - I actually have evidence rather than guessing

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Oh look, I actually read the fine print (unlike you)

Here is the T&C's:

Note the word MAXIMUM

• Pay a maximum of $1 in Final Value Fees for any items you list and make available for purchase in a single category during the Promotion Period (see exclusions below). 
  • Final Value Fees are the selling fees charged on sale of an item, calculated as a percentage of your total sale price.  The promotion does not apply to fees for optional features or upgrades or any other fees that may be applicable. Learn more about eBay fees.
  • All www.ebay.com.au members are eligible to participate in this offer.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Yep. I nearly got caught with that too.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply