.sell for $1 weekends

hi,on sell for weekends $1,does that mean small sales as well,example,I sold a $2 dollar item,would I be charged $1 fee?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

.sell for $1 weekends

I have, as I mentioned, been charged $1.10 for sales that would normally attract a lower FVF. I just went through MY offers (the ones in My Selling that I accepted) and every single one says List as many items for free and only pay $1 in Final Value Fees per item.

So what applies to you doesn't necessarily apply to others. And that doesn't make us wrong or deluded.

No assumptions involved, just the FACTS, ma'am.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

@louisas_lines wrote:

I think it's called backtracking.

@everyone else apart from Tippy - I don't get how, if you don't actually know something, you keep arguing on your assumptions.  I told you my invoices show that I pay less than $1 for sold listings under $9, I showed you the T&C's.  What more is there to say really?

Dave is pretty cluey and very switched on, so I'm waiting to hear back on my reply. Maybe it is a case of different things for different members? That's why I'm waiting to hear back. Being Saturday night, and knowing Dave's occupation, it could be tomorrow until we hear from him. I would love to see a screenshot of what Dave (and others) are seeing, where there is no mention of "maximum".

In the meantime, we should count ourselves as being lucky, that if we sell a $6 item, we pay fees on a $6 item, and not $1 (plus GST)!

Edit: Hi Dave! I didn't know if you'd be around tonight. Hope you're having a fantablulous evening.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

I don't do nights.

But I am busily setting up listings for the 800 items that will no longer be in my store.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

@countessalmirena wrote:

@louisas_lines wrote:

What more is there to say really?

Floccinaucinihilipilification.

Thats a mouthfull countess, but so apt.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

It's one of those beautiful words which begs to be taken out of its sealed coffin every now and then.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@louisas_lines wrote:

I think it's called backtracking.

@everyone else apart from Tippy - I don't get how, if you don't actually know something, you keep arguing on your assumptions.  I told you my invoices show that I pay less than $1 for sold listings under $9, I showed you the T&C's.  What more is there to say really?

How about you realize/assume that not everone gets the same promotions and some can vary depending on

thier sales history and even some browsers show things differently.

An invoice showing that means nothing as it could've been for an item that wasn't in the promotion,(the two

have to match to be valid as the promotion hasn't run every weekend).

There was a blurb at one stage that specifically stated if you items sells for less than $10 you would be

charged the $1 as the promotion was originally to try and get people to sell higher priced items,(I presume

it was to show members that higher value items still sold and they didn't want low price items to be listed).

Dave is pretty cluey and very switched on, so I'm waiting to hear back on my reply. Maybe it is a case of different things for different members? That's why I'm waiting to hear back. Being Saturday night, and knowing Dave's occupation, it could be tomorrow until we hear from him. I would love to see a screenshot of what Dave (and others) are seeing, where there is no mention of "maximum".

So my screenshot in post 13 which shows excactly what I see isn't good enough? tease.gif

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

No your screenshot is not enough, because you're not being completely honest there.  I have that one too and when you click the link it goes to the T&C's that clearly state MAXIMUM as per mine and Tippy's previous posts.

I completely disagree that there would be different T&C's for different members for the same offer on the same day.  but please, send a screenshot to prove otherwise.

And no, I haven't read my invoices wrong as I only list during the $1 promotion periods that I always Activate first thing on a Saturday morning.  If I'd missed it for a low cost item I'd have missed it for high cost ones too.... and I haven't. I checked.  

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

@louisas_lines wrote:

No your screenshot is not enough, because you're not being completely honest there.  I have that one too and when you click the link it goes to the T&C's that clearly state MAXIMUM as per mine and Tippy's previous posts.

I completely disagree that there would be different T&C's for different members for the same offer on the same day.  but please, send a screenshot to prove otherwise.

And no, I haven't read my invoices wrong as I only list during the $1 promotion periods that I always Activate first thing on a Saturday morning.  If I'd missed it for a low cost item I'd have missed it for high cost ones too.... and I haven't. I checked.  

Why bother as you are obviously stuck on whatever you want to believe and it doesn't matter what anyone else

says because you are right and everyone else is wrong,(according to you).

You don't believe something so it must be wrong.

No eBay page will ever go back to the old terms and conditions,(once something is changed like the terms

and conditions you can not get what was there originally).

Any old promotions you click on will go to the current page that they have there,(hence why no screen shot

of the way it looked when they first started the promo).

The promo originally said if your items sells for less than $10 you would still be charged $1 whether you

believe it or not that's what it said.

You want to stay on your high horse then go for it,(no one can stop you),Angry head bang.gif

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

.sell for $1 weekends

I also only list during $1 or freebie promos and have done since they started. I went back through my invoices and items that sold for under $10 all gave the correct fees, not $1. As I said in my previous post, obviously some people are getting a different promo to others for the same thing as it's always been that way for me. I have never been billed $1 for an item that sold for $5, EVER. Only for items over $10. I guess I've been lucky.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply