seller using my photos after leaving me neutral

A buyer has left me neutral feedback recently stating that I should have said that the material was thin on the top and that their undergarments were visible. It was a country road cotton knit top. I checked the feedback that they have left for others and of course they are fond of leaving negs and neutrals.

I then checked what they have for sale and lo and behold my horrible thin top is for sale for more than my asking price with no mention of it being thin material. They said it was only for sale as they had recently lost a lot of weight and it didn't fit any more!! (This has since been removed from the listing)

They have used my title for the listing including "buy any 3=free post" despite the fact they have only 2 items for sale, and they have used my photos.

I sent them a message saying that they should perhaps state that the material is thin so as not to give anyone else a neutral buying experiance and to please use their own photos, but no reply.

Is there any way to report this seller to stop them using my listing minus description?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Here is something i just found, im not shure it works though.
http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/PEOPLE-COPYING-YOUR-LISTING-STOP-THEM-/10000000017524903/g.html
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks Bake.   I tried to find ebay's policy on copying photos and text.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

It was in that link

Interesting Buying Guide.   Wonder if it works

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

I would word a letter a bit more strongly, advising the other seller that if they don't remove the photos by xx date they will be reported.

You can also use the VeRO program, it's not that onerous and there is a section that specifically mentions use of text and/or images.  Follow the links on this page: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

Best of luck

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Yep, i wonder if it works as well to Stawka

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

brucbern,

what are you upset more about - that the buyer left you a neutral  or that she's using your pictures - or both?

Just checked your f/back, only briefly, I haven't got all night  - and was rather saddened to see you left a neg for a seller because she wouldn't give you the item for 99c!

Did you offer her more money straight after the auction finished, which would have been a decent thing to do? If I won anything for 99c. I wouldn't have a gall to even expect to get it - let alone leave a neg for it!

How many things do you sell for 99c?

And another one, saying something was "reeking from smoke - if I knw it I wouldn't have bought it"

Had a look at that seller - there is no evidence at all before or after your f/back that is the case  - from other buyers - there was only your word for it.

And - what do you care if someone is using your pictures, wording, whatever, what use is it to you now, item is sold - and it saves the buyer a bit of time having to do it all over again when there is ready made material to use!

But, you are in good company here - I see it on the boards all the time - so many people get ropable if someone uses their pics.

Could never understand it - I mean - their items are sold, they got their money - after all there is nothing unique about any of that stuff!

They are all dime a dozen, stuff you see everywhere.

It's not like they have written a book or painted a masterpiece and someone is trying to plagiarise it.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

And - what do you care if someone is using your pictures, wording, whatever, what use is it to you now, item is sold - and it saves the buyer a bit of time having to do it all over again when there is ready made material to use!
But, you are in good company here - I see it on the boards all the time - so many people get ropable if someone uses their pics.
Could never understand it - I mean - their items are sold, they got their money - after all there is nothing unique about any of that stuff!

If you don't understand something, you're really not in a very good position to comment on it.

To anyone else who reads this paragraph and may not know - someone else's images are not "ready made material to use". Copyright applies to all protected works, regardless of their artistic merit, and all works are protected unless the copyright has expired; the content is released into the public domain, or under licenses which grant the right to use it to others (which does not occur just because the content is uploaded to eBay, or the internet in general.). 

To the OP, I'd follow poppy's advice.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I'd be tempted to contact eBay & ask to have the neutral removed using the buyers own listing as evidence that feedback was unwarranted (and at the same time reporting them for using your photos).

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Where in the heck did you see a neg I left for a seller for them not selling me something for 99c. Never happened. Any time you want to apologise to me for that slanderous comment would be great!!!!!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

You don't remember giving a neg?    It's there.       Neg given in the last year. 

Negative feedback ratingTerrible seller, very dishonest. Item sold for only 99c so seller "LOST" item!!!

I don't have a problem with it.   But don't be demanding an apology without checking first.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply