selling for many years - no sales 7 days

Hi to you all - I have been selling on ebay for some years and these last couple of months have been my lowest sales in years.

In January I had a couple of sales and have not had a sale in 7 days.

I do sell fabric - so not a must have item - but since the end of last year these have been my lowest ever.

Is ebay only promoting the big businesses? Is there some restriction on my shop, which I do not know about? My feedback does not indicate my customers are unhappy. 

I have actually stopped listing unsold - what is the point - there are no sales. I really do not know what to do. My prices are competetive with everyone else. Is ebay wanting to shut down small shops?  Seven days without a sale ? never happened before.

iwould appreciate advice as to what to do - close shop? where else would  I go to sell fabric?  I would really like to hear from someone else as this is very stressful. Thank you

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: selling for many years - no sales 7 days

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

HUH? Upgrading to a feature store isn't going to change anything? What makes you think it would

Probably seeing this, every time they end a listing:

ended listings.PNG

ETA: I actually think that may have been applicable several years ago, perhaps even from back when store listings were not shown in normal search results, but I don't think it's remotely applicable now. 

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Featured store is a deceptive name. It's featured absolutely nowhere.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

My eBay bill is just in. They get to make six dollars off me from the whopping three sales I made in the past thirty days. If someone didn't buy something out of the blue yesterday the bill would have been about $2 instead, with $15 made (not counting postage) from 20/1 to 18/2.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

They made $2.49 from one of my accounts.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

My normal bill is around $200. The more eBay labels I generate, the less sales I make. As the parcel postage is part of the bill

So far, this billing month hasn't had any eBay postage, so I'm looking for a reasonable result.

However, if I do sell a more than average amount of parcel posts, I have more room in my tiny flat.

Win - no loss.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Last Month on 5 accounts all ebay fees Combined came to $6.00 so Ebay did not gain from my lack of sale however nor did I.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Maybe I sell things that people want at prices they are prepared to pay.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Maybe I sell things that people want at prices they are prepared to pay.

I,ve highlighted this because I think this little nugget from dave is probably the key to success on ebay. There is a lot of items on ebay that no-one simply wants. They are either out of fashion or available from China for a third of the price.

I still get stung with this from time to time. I purchased a bulk lot of items for $500 recently. They related to a particular hobby. Four years ago this hobby was going gang busters and we made A LOT of money catering to it. Now, I,m battling to move the items at any price and still havnt even covered my initial outlay yet. Some of the items I purchased I may have to throw in the bin.

If something is not selling, there is no point wasting time and effort on just listing more of the same, at a cheap price and hoping some-one will buy it for a few dollars. Find something that people want and that does actually sell and concentrate efforts in that field.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Sales for January ,long periods of time no sales,over a week then a spert of sales over the next week,same in Feb so far, no consistancy at all,doing homework for other platforms to sell from,ajust or die

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Good point, Cham and Dave.

Well, I have had some weird opposite thing going on here the last week.  My items on another account finished up after another 30 Days listing and after they finished I had a bunch of enquiries from people wanting me to relist them so they could buy them.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply